Holley High Idle Bracket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Does it not just push back? Been a long time since I had one with the Ford link on it. I thought it was just spring loaded, which should be easy to rectify

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Does it not just push back? Been a long time since I had one with the Ford link on it. I thought it was just spring loaded, which should be easy to rectify

To be honest I dont know what you mean. The inner linkage moves from to back like the outer but it hits the bracket. I'll call Holley on Monday and talk to their tech guys. Im sure if theres an instruction sheet telling how to adjust it so its out of the way they'll be able to tell me where to view it. Just one more simple thing thats turned into a pain in the butt.
Ive also been looking on their website for a different bracket for the TH350 kickdown. The one I have is for a 700 and the cable is in the wrong place. Looks like they dont make one that will work with a crate motor since it uses the manifold bolts.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I guess I don't understand the problem. It shouldn't be preventing the throttle from closing, unless something is bent. It might just rest against the bracket, but should not interfere with throttle operation

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
unless you are using that particular kick down (ford)arm it's a non issue.i thought the same thing and mod'd the crap out of it.only to find out i didn't need too.:doh:
0819181252.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Can you move the Ford kickdown lever backwards to clear?

IMG_0399.jpg

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i can only speak for my carb,as long as it doesn't interfere with the throttle arm motion it's fine.that ford arm floats around on my application.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I'd love to speak to someone in their design department. I'd love to know what the hole in the bracket is for. And why did they use slotted screws that are like an inch long ?
Theres a part number for the bracket and solenoid together thats listed for a different model carb on their website. When I was talking to their salesman I mentioned that the individual parts looked EXACTLY like the pieces for the 4150/4160 carbs. Turns out they were the same parts. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor