Holley pan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
You must have a 302-2. The 302-3 is a little bigger and will handle a 4.0” stroke. A little more room.
Didn't think I'd need the larger pan and was worried about clearance for cross member. Plus if you look at pic of pan there is a divet for this issue. Either the casting was off a bit or they just didn't make it large enough. I sent an email to Holley but I'm guessing they already know about this.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Didn't think I'd need the larger pan and was worried about clearance for cross member. Plus if you look at pic of pan there is a divet for this issue. Either the casting was off a bit or they just didn't make it large enough. I sent an email to Holley but I'm guessing they already know about this.

I had the 302-2 but ended up selling for the 302-3. Both fit, but now I have room for a stroker crank and turbo oil returns. It says right in the instructions that aftermarket con rod bolts will interfere with clearance. If they contact you they will recommend exactly what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor