How bad are these bearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I did check the wrist pin while the connecting rod was unhooked from the crank. There did not seem to be any slop, but the piston rotated in the bore pretty easily so it was hard to check in every direction.

Last edited:

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I was thinking about your problem and was going to ask you if it was a diesel. I am not familiar with the ford indirect injection but think this is ware might lay. Google (2000 7.3 idling possible injector knock) there are people complaining of the same problem.
I haven't ruled out injector knock completely, but I did switch around injectors to see if it followed one of them and it stayed with the cylinder. It is a fully mechanical system so there is a chance that the injection pump could be going bad but that is an expensive part to swap without much evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor