How big of a job is it to change a "shift silonode"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
I recently picked up a 1991 Olds Ninety-Eight,it isent shifting properly to a shift silonode.The car is clean and I got a great deal on it.If I can fix this problem their should be no reason I can not triple my money off the car,or use it as a everyday driver.

Pbngem

Greasemonkey
Oct 17, 2010
Not sure what trans is in your car, but the shift solenoids are generally located on the valve body (control valve) & will require draining the fluid & removing the pan. Is your olds a front wheel drive automatic? If it is, it will probabaly have the 4T60-E....

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Depends on how rusty the car is, it may not be worth the effort. You have drop the cradle on the lh side, loosen the rh to get it to swing down out of the way. You'll need to support the engine and lower it as needed to remove the side cover, not the pan. So obvoiusly the you have to free the ball joints from the knuckles, sway bar links, strut, remove cv shaft before dropping the cradle. Once you have the side cover off, you need to know which solenoid is the culprit, (there's more than one in there), most can be removed with the valve body still in place, however, some cannot, probably wouldn't know until you get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor