How do i fix this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trottiert

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2020
Uxbridge MA

Link above is for a passenger door, but this gentleman has a huge selection of parts available.
I would give him a call.

Reactions: 1 user

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
My holes went all the way through.

Attachments

• 35A790AD-4550-48F5-980E-41ECE3E3960F.jpeg
    35A790AD-4550-48F5-980E-41ECE3E3960F.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 147

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
IMO: Fiberglass is not repair. It's a cover up . Cheap is right. Want quick and cheap or expensive time consuming and well done, it's a pick your pill.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
IMO: Fiberglass is not repair. It's a cover up . Cheap is right. Want quick and cheap or expensive time consuming and well done, it's a pick your pill.
The adage about going fast also applies here... you heard the saying "cheap, fast, reliable... pick 2"

Well, here it's cheap, fast, durable... pick 2.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I found out the hard way that those inner door shells from Goodmark need to be modified to fit an El Camino or Malibu door. The tag on them say specifically Regal and Cutlass. That was a couple of years ago so maybe the fit has improved.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Door for classics are getting harder to find. We've all seen and are familiar with these lower door sections being some of the biggest problem areas on G-bodies. As others have stated, time and money are the drivers. However, as hobbyists, several key points not mentioned are the sense of accomplishment, pride, and "I did it myself." Several years ago, I did exactly what Steve proposes to do for his 82 doors using pieces from other 5th Gen and simple fabrication. My response to him is "go for it" and enjoy the craft!

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
The adage about going fast also applies here... you heard the saying "cheap, fast, reliable... pick 2"

Well, here it's cheap, fast, durable... pick 2.
Yeah, the way I figure is if my boat made of fiberglass can last 15 years then the inside of a car door should last a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor