Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
Are you selling the SS3's?

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Jim H. said:
Well the rims were free just had to buy tires the fronts are 15 x 7 with 225/60/r15 and the rears are 15x8 with 255/60/r15 just thought I would go with a different look other wise I would have left the originals on there. The rears aren't deep dish but it gives it a nice stance and here is a pick of the date they were made.

Bad *ss dude

Wild Card

Apprentice
Jan 5, 2013
cragers look great on just about anything. im waiting for 1 more 14"t X 7" w deap dish to come in. then im takin the 14"T X 7"W shallow dish off the back and puttin them on the front.

Attachments

• half and half.JPG
    half and half.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 823

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Wild Card said:
cragers look great on just about anything. im waiting for 1 more 14"t X 7" w deap dish to come in. then im takin the 14"T X 7"W shallow dish off the back and puttin them on the front.
That looks almost exactly like my old car lol

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
some of you might think they're too "old school" styled or whatever
but that style of wheel, and most vintage aftermarket wheels from the 60's and 70's are definitely making a come-back.
Alot of people are sick of seeing the "pro-touring" style, that has been COMPLETELY played out.
Vintage OEM and aftermarket wheels are the current-to-next-big-thing for sure.

Wheels from that era look right at home on our Gbody cars, especially if you pull off the tire combo and stance too.

I absolutely love the aftermarket wheels from back then. They had so much more character than the newer wheels made today. I plan on getting another set of vintage wheels for my car as well. Next time I'm going even more rare (only seen 3 sets of my current wheels EVER)

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
onyxxtreme said:
some of you might think they're too "old school" styled or whatever
but that style of wheel, and most vintage aftermarket wheels from the 60's and 70's are definitely making a come-back.
Alot of people are sick of seeing the "pro-touring" style, that has been COMPLETELY played out.
Vintage OEM and aftermarket wheels are the current-to-next-big-thing for sure.

Wheels from that era look right at home on our Gbody cars, especially if you pull off the tire combo and stance too.

I absolutely love the aftermarket wheels from back then. They had so much more character than the newer wheels made today. I plan on getting another set of vintage wheels for my car as well. Next time I'm going even more rare (only seen 3 sets of my current wheels EVER)
back then you only had a few choices ( 5-6maybe)to make for rims, cragers by for were the top choice not like today where you have thousens but I agree with you THAY LOOK SHARP ON YOUR RIDE

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
FirstClass 383 said:
back then you only had a few choices ( 5-6maybe)to make for rims, cragers by for were the top choice not like today where you have thousens but I agree with you THAY LOOK SHARP ON YOUR RIDE

disagree completely. Back in the day, there were TONS of wheels available. But only a few were REALLY popular, and pretty much littered every car show, and most of the cruisers people saw. Kind of like how THE torq-thrust-2's pretty much dominated the scene for several years....almost a decade, in the 2000's. But there were still plenty of cool wheels besides TT2's, TTM's, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor