How do you guys fund your G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I moonlight on the weekends as a male stripper and every individual dollar goes toward my Regal project which is why I call this one a "budget build'

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The Regal does not look like a 'stripper' model in the photos. Maybe your act is better than you think.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I build motorcycles for day to day bills what's leftover gets put into my cars along with what parts I sell.

instro84

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2008
So Cal
electrical test engineer at northrop grumman. retired from the military after 20 yrs a small part of my retirement pay goes to the buick.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I actually Fund all my projects from my garage business called RestoRides MotorSports. I make and sell Teflon
window guide kits for 1990 to 2005 mazda miata's. To date I've sold more than 6200 kits in 49 states and 19 countries
worldwide. During the day I work for Craig Catamaran in Orlando and have been with them for 5 years.
I do all the electrical wiring, lighting, stereo's and the bimini tops. I have a 2000 vstar 650 classic, 1987 monte carlo,
2003 nissan frontier crew cab and a 2013 Craigcat electric 2 seat boat.
It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. I also Dabble as a writer and do mostly works of fiction.

Save um

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2015
I am semi retired. I farmed for years and have a firewood business. I know rent the land and still dabble in the wood business. I try to fund projects with the sale of parts etc.I am lucky to have a shop who I share with 3 other car addicts. We all help each other on projects. My hobby is not a business, nor will it ever be. Something to do over the Canadian wintersG bodies are great because most parts etc are readily available and fairly cheap...

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I had my own business restoring/maintenance on classic, collectible, and antique automobiles since the mid 90s till we moved. I do just about everything myself except seat stitching. I took over the 2 car garage and tried keeping business but the constant paint and filler fumes have the house stinking, neighbors irritated and my wife's asthma getting worse. Living in a housing addition sucks for me. I now work at an automotive custom shop and install a lot of lift and lowering kits, spray in bed liners, back up cameras, etc. Tried to find a shop to lease or rent but too expensive. Now I have advanced arthritis in my back and other places at 44. I still have a serious passion for old cars but sometimes my body says NO. I have been in love with G Bodies since my first one (1979 Regal Limited). Now that my wife has her degree and a very well paying job, I can focus on my own stuff = 1955 Belair 2 door hard top pro touring, 1978 Olds Salon 442 clone, 1982 El Camino, and 1982 Jaguar XJ6

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I've heard the jag xj6 to sbc chevy swap is an interesting one but rather involved.

danny62

n00b
Jan 12, 2016
I work concrete construction 27 years fund my project with side jobs and buy and sell a car or two and I keep it simple but it still is a unique wagon. have two sons in collage but still run it a the drag strip a little bit and have it in a car show this week end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor