How fast on spare parts? 83 GP build

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Nothing real exciting to report, been working on wiring, lightweight core support replacement, and firewall sheet metal. I did hang the nose on it today, and it kind of sank in how far back I have my engine. I guess it should hook, lol.

How about a little sound bite?
Is it me or is your dizzy turned a lot?

Yeah, I need to move the shaft a tooth, I have a lot of things like that to do still, but I'm doing what I call a running mock up before I tear it all back apart to paint the firewall, have everything coated etc. I got the radiator mounted, and about half of the fender struts made, and I made a short video while I was waiting to see if it would overheat.

image.jpg

I also got started on the relay panel, it will go where the glovebox used to be. I'll form some filler panels that match the contour of the dash and this will be recessed into the stock glove compartment opening. Everything will be controlled by relays switched by ground.

cool build

I mgiht be wrong but i dont think you can run that hose at the track per nhra rules

no more then 12" of rubber hose, not sure how hyrdolic line falls into this category however

How much boost r u gonna run on that bottom end?

Is it just gm crate motor mexican block? sorry im impatient i didn't read the whole thread 🙁

cool build

I mgiht be wrong but i dont think you can run that hose at the track per nhra rules

no more then 12" of rubber hose, not sure how hyrdolic line falls into this category however

I'm going to do all hydraulic hose for fuel, I can't imagine it being a problem since push lock passes tech. It's a 4 bolt Mexican block out of a box truck, and I plan on sneaking up on the boost and tune a little at a time, but I figure I'll keep at it until I'm out of turbo or the engine scatters. I just bought a 6.0 to replace this one. I knew it was a sacrificial lamb when I started this build.

Haven't posted in a while due to dealing with a hernia, psycho ex girlfriends etc. I have it running now, and did the first burnout yesterday in it. The tune is miles off, but it's in the 9-10:1 air fuel ratio in boost and I'm currently pulling 2 degrees of timing per pound of boost. It's way way safe, but it'll smoke the tires at least. This was about 1/4 throttle and 2 psi. More to come.

Reactions: mymontess
Well guys, "how fast on spare parts?" Has just taken on a whole new meaning. I found out today that they are starting land speed racing in Arkansas. I've always wanted to try the monster mile. Stay tuned.

nice, following this on the turbo forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor