how hot is overheating?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Without the computer the stock Qjet will default to pig rich and gas wash the cylinders besides the lack of ignition timing advance. Its very illegal for a mechanic to tamper and disable low emssion systems and to install illegal dual exhaust. Dual exhaust is only legal if it was offered by the factory. Its also illegal to drive or sell a tampered car. I hope you still have all the computer parts in case you are forced to restore it in the future.

Hate to say it but it sounds like your mechanic ripped you off and messed up your car. He likely lacks the tools and expertise to work on G bodies and altered your car to best suit him and not you. You can't trust old cars with most mechanics anymore.
It's not illegal in america. :p

Reactions: 2 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
That sounds like normal operating temp.
yeah, again thanks for pointing 1 of the things an cause that. ida never thought air bubble but that wasnt the case, it just is now pardon my paranoia after having to replace my FACTORY l69 305 ho with only 69k orig mi due to a blown head gasket caught too late. i'll die a happy man if never have to go thru that again. :banana:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It's not illegal in america. :p
Oh its very illegal in America necroposter.
necroposting-living-dead-jpg.84213

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
so is jaywalking, and that's enforced more in some areas.

But the fines for jaywalking aren't $10k-$25k nor risking losing your livelihood like it is for auto shops.

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
But the fines for jaywalking aren't $10k-$25k nor risking losing your livelihood like it is for auto shops.
I'm waiting on the bill from the government any day now
"Dear Mr. Sony, your engine makes us sad.
pls fix"
-Love president brandon

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor