how many Grand National's left .... or for that matter any Gbody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The real question is how many unmodified GNs still exist....I'd guess maybe 2 :D

You be surprised how many 100% stock 1987's are still out there. Even though you can make a 100% stock appearing one run 11's with just tires and race gas, they chose to keep the stock fuel pump that craps out at a 13.9 - dumb.

GN prices were artificially kept down for years, because when a low mileage car sold for over $20K, 25 more came out of the woodwork. It has only been in the last 4 years that this stopped happening, and the prices on stock, low mileage cars has gone way up.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
depends if when you say on the road you mean being driven or garage art.

I had a "Garage Art" 1986 GN I sold a few years ago. It had 25K miles and even had a 7K mile take of set of factory 215/65 Eagle GT's on it. The guy I sold it to was going to have his wife drive it 7 hours to west Texas on 30 year old tires in 90 degree heat. I told him the tires would probably not make it 200 miles, so he said "I'll just go over to discount tire and get rid of them"... I convinced him that was a bad idea and sold him a spare set of GN wheels to put new tires on for $200.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, I've got a 15 year old set of brand new 215/65/15 Eagles myself sitting on my tire rack when I heard they were going bye bye.

Wife and about everyone who has seen them has said "why don't you sell those?"
Um . . . :doh:

Probably no really good answer other than why I still have my all original 307 and 200-4R properly stowed away. Just in case I or [likely] someone else ever wants to make my 442 that now goes quite well and will soon actually hook up, turn, and stop too . . . back to its slow original condition.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I don't know about increases in the aftermarket supply of parts. I just keep seeing more and more parts being discontinued all the time.

quick-6

n00b
Oct 8, 2016
I currently own 2 gbodys and they both look nice in the garage or out. 1985 Pontiac grand prix and 1987 buick grandnational they are what I call great cars even when I am working on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor