How not to post an add on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Whenever I post an add on CL I like to put as much information as possible and as many pictures as possible to cover what needs to be seen, I try to make it to the point where the only question I get is "when can I come look at it" yet I still get a few that ask a question that is already answered in the add.
Which brings me to this listing.
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/6134985221.html
Any Questions?

Last edited:

fastSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2016
one of those must see to believe cars.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would like to be very optimistic so I am picturing a low mile 86' GN barn find in perfect condition (maybe a little dusty) and the seller has no clue it is worth more than $8,000.
But you know this won't be the case.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Its Detroit, what do you expect? He stole it and posted it on his phone as he was driving away. The key is a large screwdriver.

Don't ask too many questions.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
These are the guys that get all pissy when you ask a question and for at least one pic...usually tell you to "come look at it"...yeah, been on enough goose chases already, thanks

My other favorite is when they have one pic and a one line description and want you to text offers to them

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If they're close, I'll go see them, but I can't even guess how many times I've driven 100+ miles to look at junk after trying to carefully query the seller

Course, I'm not in the market for a GN.
I'm sure many will make the effort....might even hit a home run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor