How to put $150,000 into an G-Body (Grand National)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Gives more meaning to something I hear a lot ... "nice Monte Carlo" ....
biggrin.gif

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

This guy could have got a shell from a scrapyard an saved afew grand.

And also if his car is in this video there should be alot of G-bodies from this forum on there too!! Call it how to build a car for pennies on the dollar an not look like a privilege kid!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Agreed, why not use a clean base regal? The owner says with a smile on his face "I started with a low mileage T type regal with the grand national package and only 68,000 miles". I wouldn't be proud of that. The reality is that very little remains from that car. It is very well done with a lot of attention to detail. I like the frame mount pads. The first time I saw the exhaust exit idea was on Rktpwrd's Juggernaut build....VERY cool. Perhaps this guy copied it?....dunno.
I'm personally not into drifters or making an all out race car out of a G body but to each his own pocket book.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Agreed, why not use a clean base regal? The owner says with a smile on his face "I started with a low mileage T type regal with the grand national package and only 68,000 miles". I wouldn't be proud of that. The reality is that very little remains from that car. It is very well done with a lot of attention to detail. I like the frame mount pads. The first time I saw the exhaust exit idea was on Rktpwrd's Juggernaut build....VERY cool. Perhaps this guy copied it?....dunno.
I'm personally not into drifters or making an all out race car out of a G body but to each his own pocket book.
So, why ain't you use a base Cutlass? D'OH!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
So, why ain't you use a base Cutlass? D'OH!

Hehe. Good question but cloning a clean 442 down to the correct seat fabric with NOS parts would cost a fortune. Unlike the T type my car still looks factory stock until you open the hood.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hehe. Good question but clowning a clean 442 down to the correct seat fabric with NOS parts would cost a fortune. Unlike the T type my car still looks factory stock until you open the hood.
I'd take your car with that 6.0 over the 307 any day of the week. All the cool looks of the 442 with kick *ss performance.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Meh.
Maybe I’m jaded, but to me it’s just race car and spending money to the excess for the sake of doing so. There’s plenty of other race cars out there that would probably run circles around that thing, and for a fraction of the cost. Maybe not on a G body platform, granted, but still.

I’d personally be a lot more impressed if
A) It was finished for one (Bumpers maybe?)
B) it was more street car than race car
C) It had an actual interior. You know, the trivial stuff like, oh I don’t know, maybe a dashboard?
And
D) He was the one that actually built it and knew more than just the basics about it.

Rant over, but yeah, his particular exhaust exit location and style sure looks awfully familiar...

Coincidence??
🤔

EC986B9B-429C-4426-BD1C-BEFFAD53C3BF.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I think it is bad *ss! If it were me I would have made it a little more streetable with more interior.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor