Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Fender868

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure if it was always a 305. I assume column shifters were more common in the other engine codes. It might have to do with the front seats being a 60/40 split and not buckets. Either way, I am not too choked. I'd like to swap a T5 in it one day. Anyways, i'll let you know how this goes and put the wiper switch back in and work at the basics. Basically every once in the while the wipers come on, so maybe the ground is loose. I read somewhere the wiper motor casings needs to be grounded well or it can cause the system to choke up like that. Then i'll check power going to them and hopefully I pick up on what's going on fairly quickly. I am out of practice with all this stuff. I need wipers badly though because I live in the rainiest part of Canada. Pouring right now lol.

Fender868

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2017
Update: I replaced the switch and began looking under the hood. The previous owner has spliced Into the circuits on the wipers. It is hard to understand what had been done but with the switch on the motor gave more one swipe bursts than I have seen it do since buying it. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Jiggling the wires to detect a possible intermittent contact issue was unsuccessful, the relay could be heard coming on when the switch was placed from off to low so that was relieving. I tried knocking the motor with a hammer a little bit and that yielded no results. I'm a little confused. Should I replace the motor or continue investigation on the power?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
make sure the ground strap for the wiper motor is in place. On the top left bolt there is supposed to be a wide brass strip working as a ground strap.

Fender868

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2017
Here is a photo of the motor. Anything look out of the ordinary other than the splicing?
22e621c59cabe6f1d27396ab39e9a2f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor