HRPT 2023

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Madison WI, Road America in WI, Brainerd Int. raceway in MN, MN state fair grounds, Iowa State fair grounds, Lincoln/Omaha NB, all great spots that they have never been.

Western PA looks untouched. Niagra Falls would be sweet.
Use western Pa & make a stop at UMI would be nice.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Im surprised that there hasn’t ever been anything in the N/E (update NY, Conn, Mass, etc.) Great mountains, scenic drives. And plenty of tracks that can hold a big volume of fast cars.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Im surprised that there hasn’t ever been anything in the N/E (update NY, Conn, Mass, etc.) Great mountains, scenic drives. And plenty of tracks that can hold a big volume of fast cars.
What you need to do is combine power tour with cannonball run.... Maine to CA one year, WA to FL the next.

Original power tour was ca to somewhere Midwest like Omaha right?

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Hoping to go to at least the Atlanta event. I'm between Atl & Columbia, but probably can't do both. Too much work to get done.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
There actually was... in the late 90s. It started in Boston and then down the east coast through NY, DC, Charlotte, Georgia and Florida. It was in the Fall of '98 I believe. I did the Long Haul on that one in another car I have.

But you're right, they've not gone the upper Northeast since, and I understand they try to keep it somewhat more centrally located.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Maybe I'm a bit cold blooded

But driving through central GA in the middle of June humidity in an old car without AC doesn't seem fun. I know last year in FL people said it was so hot they never even got into the show grounds, they just parked at the gas station outside the event center after the drive.

PA, WIsc, Michigan in June, seems much preferable. Just my opinion but...

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Well. . . Due to ANTIFA protests in Atlanta I've decided not to go. I'll wait until the HRPT route is in the mid of the country. Besides I still have some high cost work left over to do on the Malibu.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well. . . Due to ANTIFA protests in Atlanta I've decided not to go. I'll wait until the HRPT route is in the mid of the country. Besides I still have some high cost work left over to do on the Malibu.
I wouldn't let that bother you. The 'dragway' is both far removed from Atlanta proper where the issues are, and, the issues themselves are basically restricted to an area development off by itself anyways.

As a city I don't miss Atlanta one bit. Modern Fulton County is a behemoth that was created by depression-era counties facing insolvency and deciding to merge into Fulton creating this diagonal massive swath that is probably a good 60-70 minutes one end to another.

But, having work you'd rather do on the car? That is a good reason to skip it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor