Hurst Olds Lightning Rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
This is awesome! I so want these in my turbo Buick wagon. I already have buckets and a GP console, so I would jut get the shifter and fab my own mounting I think to get it to work. Are you planning on selling just the shifter/cable?

Either way, this is a good thing. The old ones are ridiculously expensive, and half don't work right anymore.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
I'm so excited that these are going to be reproduced :D I was looking at possibly getting a B&M Quick Silver but it just doesn't seem right to use anything but a Hurst in an Olds, they were just way too expensive. I guess it's time to start saving my money.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Nice to see these available. I always thought they'd be cool to have ( and would still consider a set ) but what I'd really rather see is a 4 speed version of the Hurst dual gate shifter from the 79-80 Hurst Olds. Doesn't have the 'wow' factor of the lightning rods but has much better functionality ( and is still Olds! ). That I would buy in a heartbeat.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
DoubleV said:
Nice to see these available. I always thought they'd be cool to have ( and would still consider a set ) but what I'd really rather see is a 4 speed version of the Hurst dual gate shifter from the 79-80 Hurst Olds. Doesn't have the 'wow' factor of the lightning rods but has much better functionality ( and is still Olds! ). That I would buy in a heartbeat.
Does the 79-80 dual gate fit the 82-88 cutlass console for people who have 3 speed automatic transmissions?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
liquidh8 said:
This is awesome! I so want these in my turbo Buick wagon. I already have buckets and a GP console, so I would jut get the shifter and fab my own mounting I think to get it to work. Are you planning on selling just the shifter/cable?

Either way, this is a good thing. The old ones are ridiculously expensive, and half don't work right anymore.

Right now we are leaning towards a completely packaged kit which would include all the items needed. Then we would have other items for sale seperately. I need to tear this one apart to see if the parts interchange.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
jociha said:
DoubleV said:
Does the 79-80 dual gate fit the 82-88 cutlass console for people who have 3 speed automatic transmissions?

I would think that as long as you took all associated brackets, etc for the shifter that it will fit just fine. Consoles are the same in the 78-80 cars and late models. Might just need to do a little cutting of the console to make it fit inside?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
jociha said:

AFAIK they're the exact same console from 78-88.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008
Can i has for 3 speed? :lol:

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
jonnyv713 said:
Can i has for 3 speed? :lol:

Is that English? 3 speed lightning rods are out there for cheap, if that's what you're looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor