I am just a new guy typing Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleeperDubs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2015
I joined to do some reading and learn. but I do want to buy a 1983 Malibu Wagon to make a sleeper. It might be nice to talk with a new group of automotive lovers

Saving for the right one

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Welcome!

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Have you found anything, or looking at one currently? If you have any questions, or need advise, give us a shout. :)

SleeperDubs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2015
Thanks guys. I am looking to find a solid car with no body damage. I don't have a lot of time for that kinda work. My goal is a 1983 Malibu Wagon only due to my date of birth. I loved the gbody since I was 15 years old jeep life over ruled it. But this was the car that got me hooked. But I was to late due to someone else got it before me.
image.jpg

SleeperDubs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2015
Welcome aboard!
Have you found anything, or looking at one currently? If you have any questions, or need advise, give us a shout. :)
Thanks I want to find a 1983 Malibu Wagon. I been a car guy my whole life but it's time for a fast fun car

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Being that you posted a pic of an earlier Olds Cutlass Cruiser, have you considered maybe obtaining one of those if you can't find the Malibu wagon of choice?

I think Cutlass Cruisers are pretty cool, and probably harder to find than an '82-'83 Malibu wagon.I think it would be a cool alternative to the Malibu.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

SleeperDubs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2015
Being that you posted a pic of an earlier Olds Cutlass Cruiser, have you considered maybe obtaining one of those if you can't find the Malibu wagon of choice?

I think Cutlass Cruisers are pretty cool, and probably harder to find than an '82-'83 Malibu wagon.I think it would be a cool alternative to the Malibu.

Just my opinion.
That is the car that made me love the gbody. But since I am a big Bowtie guy I really want to acquirer a Malibu Wagon

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The first car I ever purchased was a 1983 Malibu wagon. Not much in the way of bolt-ons back in the late 80s. Lots of good stuff today. One of the Forum sponsors is UMI Performance, and though I don't own any of their products, they show their stuff at the track using a green 79 Monte Carlo.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/our-79-monte-carlo-pro-touring-project.40563

I picked up a set of four wagon-specific wagon lowering springs from OPGI. Haven't installed them yet, but I'll post before and after pics when I get 'a-round-tuit'. You can also find good stuff posted by Ben (SRDart) aka Pumpkin8r:

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/the-pumkinator-wagon-gets-a-little-recognition.54528

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor