I have a problem getting my car to start??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
Seems like its easyer to start after sitting for a while??And when the car starts it runs like a champ,but so far ive ran the battery dead 4 times trying to get it to fire up right after parking it for a second.First I was thinking its the carb,but the carb I just replaced with a quadrajet that had just been redone.And I also changed out the intake for a highrise so could that be why?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i would check your fuel pressure after your car has been hot and then has sat a little bit and if fuel pressure is fine, i would imagine it is likely a distributor problem

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
BIGBrandon2785 said:
Seems like its easyer to start after sitting for a while??And when the car starts it runs like a champ,but so far ive ran the battery dead 4 times trying to get it to fire up right after parking it for a second.First I was thinking its the carb,but the carb I just replaced with a quadrajet that had just been redone.And I also changed out the intake for a highrise so could that be why?

So the car only does this after driving for a while? if so have you looked into vapor lock?

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
G-Body_Vet said:
Peter said:
i would imagine it is likely a distributor problem

Makes sense if it's an sbc and the timing was disturbed when the intake was changed.
Yeah it was timed,right after we changed the intake,I read somebody mentioned "vapor lock",im not too car literate,but that means the carb locks up and no fuel can get in it right??I have a glass filter on my fuel line and you can see fuel is in their.

I mean it will start but it takes a while.And when its goin,it is fine.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
BIGBrandon2785 said:
G-Body_Vet said:
Peter said:
i would imagine it is likely a distributor problem

Makes sense if it's an sbc and the timing was disturbed when the intake was changed.
Yeah it was timed,right after we changed the intake,I read somebody mentioned "vapor lock",im not too car literate,but that means the carb locks up and no fuel can get in it right??I have a glass filter on my fuel line and you can see fuel is in their.

I mean it will start but it takes a while.And when its goin,it is fine.

That means your gas is vaporizing before reaching your carb. OR carb is getting to hot and after turning off the car it heat keeps rising and turning to fumes before its getting burnt I beleive.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Dennyboy said:
If had vapor lock. what can you do to fix it?

What type of engine set up do you have?

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
tc1959 said:
v2vera said:
Dennyboy said:
If had vapor lock. what can you do to fix it?

What type of engine set up do you have?
Hey V did you get your problem solved ?

Yup I drove to CA this weekend and it ran better than ever :) I avg around 21 mpg from Riverside to Quartzite and that was hauling a$$ at an avg of 85+ and nothing but hills in between :) Very happy with it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor