I have a problem getting my car to start??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
well i Don't haha, I am still looking around. i was more asking about his setup.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Dennyboy said:
well i Don't haha, I am still looking around. i was more asking about his setup.

is your set up running a fuel pump with a return line back to the tank? Usually vapor lock happens in hot weather

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Hmm. Well start with the basics

Check the timing with a light.
Check fuel pressure
Check the installation of the new intake, by that i mean search for vacuum leaks.

Once you've established everything checks out, get it running and monitor the engine temp, see how hot that carb actually gets and post up on here. With a high rise intake manifold, likely made of aluminum right? I'm not willing to believe that carb is getting over accessibly hot, but its possible.

Also, after you shut it down and it won't start, try letting it sit for 5-10 minutes, dump a shotglass of gas down the intake, with barrels open, give it a moment to atomize, and try firing it up. If it fires right up, could be a miss adjustment in the carb.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
CamaroAdam73 said:
Hmm. Well start with the basics

Check the timing with a light.
Check fuel pressure
Check the installation of the new intake, by that i mean search for vacuum leaks.

Once you've established everything checks out, get it running and monitor the engine temp, see how hot that carb actually gets and post up on here. With a high rise intake manifold, likely made of aluminum right? I'm not willing to believe that carb is getting over accessibly hot, but its possible.

Also, after you shut it down and it won't start, try letting it sit for 5-10 minutes, dump a shotglass of gas down the intake, with barrels open, give it a moment to atomize, and try firing it up. If it fires right up, could be a miss adjustment in the carb.
Cool thanks man.Yeah the intake is aluminum.I spoke with my uncle who did the intake and carb installation.He said he thinks it might be a degree or so outta time.So im gonna meet up with him and let him take another look at it with a timeing light,im gonna write all this down too and have him check it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor