I need a windshield...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, pulling a windshield is harder than you might think.

Phoenyx said:
Just an FYI, pulling a windshield is harder than you might think.

I have pulled a few of them and didn't find it hard at all... 8)

but they all broke... 😢

pontiacgp said:
I have pulled a few of them and didn't find it hard at all... 8)

but they all broke... 😢

lol exactly. I have replaced a lot of windshields in cars. And it was pretty rare to get one out without it breaking.

bigmandengo said:
I just got a brand new one installed for 175 bucks and that included the disposal fees for the old one.

For that price I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to get one from a junkyard.

Phoenyx said:
bigmandengo said:
I just got a brand new one installed for 175 bucks and that included the disposal fees for the old one.

For that price I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to get one from a junkyard.
I'm poor. $42 bucks & some change from pick & pull...

veltboy314 said:
Phoenyx said:
bigmandengo said:

Call up some glass shops and see if they will just sell you the glass without install. I bought a brand new windshield for my 67 Firebird from a glass shop for $67

And if you install it yourself. make sure you clean the edge of the glass properly and WEAR GLOVES when installing it. The oils in your skin will will screw up the urethane (or whatever you use to install it). I have see it happen a few times, even happened to me once. On an Olds I had once, was driving down a dirt road and the windshield 'popped' right out. Luckily the top stayed secure, but the sides and bottom totally let go. Was nice for air circulation though lol.

most pick and pulles will have a glass shop around them or they will recommened some one they will be pretty cheap and you can buy just the glass already out just a sugges :evil: tion

veltboy314 said:
Phoenyx said:
bigmandengo said:

by time you get the real windshield adheisive and the several hours to remove and put in a windshield with years of wear. Your Z$2 might not be a barging , If it leaks

Phoenix said:
And if you install it yourself. make sure you clean the edge of the glass properly and WEAR GLOVES when installing it. The oils in your skin will will screw up the urethane (or whatever you use to install it). I have see it happen a few times, even happened to me once. On an Olds I had once, was driving down a dirt road and the windshield 'popped' right out. Luckily the top stayed secure, but the sides and bottom totally let go. Was nice for air circulation though lol.

Window weld Primer and urethane alone costs much more than $42. Also It is against the law to use butyl rubber now days.
Some things are better left to a pro. Most ft and rear glass is considered structural .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor