I plan to get tint, I'd love to see some pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys I plan to get my rear windshield as well as the two small rear windows tinted since soon my little guys will be able to ride in the back seat and I just don't want them to burn up in the sun. On the same token I think limo tint, even though those windows are small just screams Pull Me Over. If those with tints could post some pics and describe your tint level and what you like and don't like about it I would appreciate it.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like all my cars to have tinted windows and in the past have gone with darker tints but never limo, I found night driving with dark tints make it harder to see so now I don't usually go any darker than a 35% I still get protection from the sun and good visibility and no hassle from police for being too dark.
Some of the lighter tints at 50% or more are almost not that noticeable when applied.
Also if you a sunroof where light enters the car it will make darker tint appear lighter.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Here's the car
I like all my cars to have tinted windows and in the past have gone with darker tints but never limo, I found night driving with dark tints make it harder to see so now I don't usually go any darker than a 35% I still get protection from the sun and good visibility and no hassle from police for being too dark.
Some of the lighter tints at 50% or more are almost not that noticeable when applied.
Also if you a sunroof where light enters the car it will make darker tint appear lighter.

On my wagon I have Limo in the rears and 35% on the rear passenger doors. The limo is a bit much. I bumped into a pole at a 7/11 at night once and never saw it coming.

IMG_1019.jpg

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
Like 565bbchevy said. limo is way too dark. i did 35% on all my malibu wagon windows. it is the same as the stock tinted windows from gm in all the suv's. doing your 2 small windows and the rear is fine. it will not bother cops at all.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have 20% on the back both of my cars. They are easy windows to do it yourself, if you have the patients.

That car is a beauty. Thanks for posting the pic. Your tints don't look quite as dark as 50%. Could be because the T-tops let some light inside.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I did mine in 20%on the sides and limo on the back window. Little too dark if I did it again I would go 35% on the sides and hire it done. It will turn out better! Any tint on the front doors is eligal in Iowa. Good luck if you do it yourself!
20160410_151530.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think my Monte is 20% all around but I had it done when bronze was still available and I always drive with the windows down and sunroof open.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor