I'd like your opinions on this, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
lifted g body's are gay... IMO..

i would sooner look at/ purchase a CLEAN fresh stock car over one of those monstrosity's. 18 and 20's... might look OK... but when you get into 20+ you look like an attention wh*re.

that blue regal is sick... BUT picture it on 18" torque thrusts with a fat polished lip tucking them... that would look 900% better. same with the ss posted.. and they have the power as well..

anybody see the McDonald theme car?... wtf was that guy smoking.. because it was absolutely disgusting and i think after looking at it.. i became sterile.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
87Cutlass442 said:
78mali350 said:
They hear 22's, 24's, etc. and automatically think the car looks like sh*t because of the size...either that, or they've seen too many people do it wrong and it's embedded in their mind that it can't look right.

On mine, I'd do 22's, which, in my crowd, aren't considered "big" at all...not even eye-catching. That size is now considered standard, esp.since cars now come equipped from the factory with that size.

Put 20s on and challenge your friends to a road coarse.

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
v8power said:
my definition of donk: bunch of faggots putting huge *ss wheels on cars and having them sit 3 feet off the ground.

Jesus Christ...please exit my thread and never enter again.

If you don't like cars on big wheels, that's fine...but I just dont understand why people like you can't disagree respectfully. You'd get whatever point you have to make across much better, without sounding like a complete *ss.

Put 20s on and challenge your friends to a road coarse.

Nah...I had 20's on my Impala, and I wanted to go bigger on it. Besides, I dont think I'd take the Cutlass on a road course either!

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
crappycutlass said:
lifted g body's are gay... IMO..

i would sooner look at/ purchase a CLEAN fresh stock car over one of those monstrosity's. 18 and 20's... might look OK... but when you get into 20+ you look like an attention wh*re.

that blue regal is sick... BUT picture it on 18" torque thrusts with a fat polished lip tucking them... that would look 900% better. same with the ss posted.. and they have the power as well..

anybody see the McDonald theme car?... wtf was that guy smoking.. because it was absolutely disgusting and i think after looking at it.. i became sterile.

Honestly, NOBODY likes the McD's car...not even people in our category.

Big rims dont appeal to everyone (obviously), but there's a TON of misconceptions about how/why they came to be, the people that drive them, how the work is performed, etc....and you've got idiots like the one that posted previously. I just wished people inquired more instead of assuming all the time, 'cause 99.9% of the time, they're wrong.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Well :blah: about everyone's opinion of the wheels. Back on topic.

If you want to do something to it, and keep the possibility of ever restoring it or selling it with that intent:

1) Don't do anything irreversible, like notching the frame or cutting things up.
2) Any parts you take off, *keep*, so when you go to sell it to the guy looking for a 442, you can say, yeah, its complete more or less. Just not put together. Engine to trim, keep it somewhere.

The 350 that's in it won't be that big of a deal, since its Olds and probably not much had to be done to make it work.

Up to you in the end, just my $.02.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
just a suggestion, you might want to keep questions about wheels larger than say 20in in the lowrider/customs category. in general discussion everyone who doesn't like them WILL flame you. in the l/c section, it'll still be read by them but they're less likely to post/crawl up your *ss.
this is not meant as a "go sit in the corner" statement, it's just a way to help you from hearing a bunch of crap.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
To each his own. I can appreciate anyone's unique style or craftsmanship as long as some level of taste is maintained. But personally I tend to lean on the side of form vs function the majority of the time. So no more than 17's or 18's for me, but it's your ride, do what you like, that's all that matters.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
All I say is do what you do. Don't disrespect what other people do just because you don't like it. They might just think the same of you. Seriously grow the f--k up.

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
megaladon6 said:
just a suggestion, you might want to keep questions about wheels larger than say 20in in the lowrider/customs category. in general discussion everyone who doesn't like them WILL flame you. in the l/c section, it'll still be read by them but they're less likely to post/crawl up your *ss.
this is not meant as a "go sit in the corner" statement, it's just a way to help you from hearing a bunch of crap.

It's fine by me...it goes with the territory. Like anything else in this world, those who don't understand or don't "get it" will always poke fun. One thing I never got is, the "show" guys NEVER make fun of the "performance" guys, but always the other way around. I guess...

BUT, originally...this thread was to get ideas/direction on which way to go...not about "big rims". It still bothers me that some adults can't disagree without resorting to name-calling, but hey...

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
IMO, function> Form. That being said, I hate the lifted/big wheel look. I also don't really like drag skinnys, or a drag car look either, but find it more tolerable since it serves a purpose on some cars. If it were my car ( you asked for opinions...) I would lower it on 18's or 19's. I am thinking about 17's or 18's on my car (I cut and welded the front fenders to tuck them), and do not consider them to look bad on a G body so long as they tuck. Anything bigger screws up the proportions and makes it look like a cartoon caricature. The lifted thing will not get as much respect as lowered does, since lowered cars are a generally accepted norm of good taste (depending on how low). Again, you asked for opinions, so I gave you mine.

As for it being a 442, yes, irreversible mods will mess up the car's value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor