I'd like your opinions on this, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I never said he shouldn't do what he wants. He asked for opinions (original thread title!) and I gave mine. I asked for opinions on fiberglassing my rust repairs for my floor and got flamed for it too. It didn't dissuade me from doing it, and I suspect what I say here will have little impact of the style someone chooses when building their car. Do whatever the heck you want. I am right, but you have the right to be wrong too! :lol:

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
78mali350 said:
87Cutlass442 said:
78mali350 said:
87Cutlass442 said:
SMH...thread derail FTL

pretty much, so what are you going to do with the car?

sh*t, I dont know...this didnt solve anything!! :lol:

But, seriously...I dont know. I think I'm just gonna do whatever I want to do, while keeping it classy at the same time. It's obviously not going to appeal to everyone, but hey...it's my damn car, and I can't please everyone. However, as stated, whatever mods I do, they'll be tasteful (IMO)

That is how EVERY car should be built! amen to that. You really should post a build thread i love watching the cars progress. Some will hate and the rest of us will enjoy. Don't let a few people's opinions get to you. In the end it's your $$$$$ and car

Oh, trust me...I'm definitely going to start a build thread. I'm gonna start after Christmas...gotta get the wife and kids out of the way, you know?

BUT, I'm POSITIVE it'll get met with some sort "disagreement" (I wont use the oh-so-popular word "hating"), as anything does. Sometimes we forget what this sport is all about, and do things we dont want to do to try and cater to others. Ultimately, your car and what you do to it is a reflection of your and your style. Whether you look like you're a "drug dealer" or somebody with a mullet, in the end...it's YOUR car. You have to drive it. They don't.

The craziest time I ever went against the grain, was when I built a Saturn SL2 with a '98 R34 Skyline front and rear clip...headlights and all. It's got a custom one-off hood, lambo doors, fiberglassing, etc. I'm actually still working on it (just took a time-out since I got the 442 for a steal), but maaaaannnnnn...you talk about hate! I got a TON of sh*t from the Import crowd because it wasnt the "car of choice" (Civic, Eclipse, etc), but...at the same time, I got a lot of respect as well BECAUSE I did what others dared to do. Some love it, some hate it, but **** it...it's mine.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Do you have any pictures of your saturn?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
87Cutlass442 said:
Tony_SS said:
Since you mentioned it, what are these guys doing for brakes?

Most of them are doing custom Wilwood big brake set-ups, and there's also a company in Ft.Lauderdale called B&C Industries; they also do custom big brake kits.

I'd love to see some pics. I know how bad the factory brakes suck just going to a 17" wheel, I can't image even a 13" rotor, dual piston being that effective on even a 22" much less a 24". :shock:

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
itsnotanova said:
Do you have any pictures of your saturn?

Yeah, I do...this isn't all of them; I had to pull these from another forum I posted them on quite a while ago. I had a build thread for this one as well.

EVERYTHING has been fabricated except the roof. Everything is fiberglass as well; no bondo.

The headlights and tailights are from a '98 R34 Skyline, sent directly from Nissan of Japan. You dont even want to know how much they were...

The rims you see are 18" Neeper Radii's...I've now got 20" Axis Penta's, but those are getting changed as well. The car also has air suspension, and the hood was stretched 8 inches to fit the headlights by steel

It also has fender flares to tuck, but those pics didnt show up....I've got 'em saved on my computer at home (I'm at work now)

1zeb7de.jpg

2a6se21.jpg

iop7ab.jpg

o8dlsn.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Tony_SS said:
87Cutlass442 said:
Tony_SS said:
Since you mentioned it, what are these guys doing for brakes?

Most of them are doing custom Wilwood big brake set-ups, and there's also a company in Ft.Lauderdale called B&C Industries; they also do custom big brake kits.

I'd love to see some pics. I know how bad the factory brakes suck just going to a 17" wheel, I can't image even a 13" rotor, dual piston being that effective on even a 22" much less a 24". :shock:

I'm runnin 245-50- 16" wheels with stock brakes with EBC green pads (carbon fibre and ceramic) and non power brake wheel cylinders in the rear. I have no problem with the brakes stoppin the car at any speed and they do it quickly....

but I will add I wouldn't go any bigger with the brakes I have.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I WANT THAT MINI COOPER S!!!!

(White car with black stripes in hood pic)

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
that skyline conversion is awesome. i would love to see some more details about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor