I'd like your opinions on this, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Ok now. I'm still not sure how we got into the subject of racing here. Most of the cars that have larger wheels on them are not in fact raced, just looked at. As is most of the cars with cragers on them. Looked at not raced. In fact a very slight number of the members on this forum, or other G owners for that matter really build them for competition .To them, my hats off. I hope not to ever see someone with 24's seriously trying to drag race. So why are we all arguing??? If I remember right this thread started as an opinions thread regarding what people think. Right? And I also remember someone saying the big rim's should stay in the custom/lowrider section. But this isn't a tech thread, it's a noob asking for opinions. He has his, everyone else has there's. I'm with him on likeing the larger rims, I personally do if it's tasteful. But I can understand other's points in not liking them. And I too, think the train horns look ridicules. I guess what I'm getting at...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Now let's drink some Jag! 8)

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
2000.malibu.ls said:
i seriouslt doubt 60 pounds each, I work at a tire place, I mess with rims and tires all day long, the heaviest wheels ive ever touched are my regal wheels they have to weigh 50 pounds, alluminum wheels cannot pssibley weigh that much unless Ive gotten a lot stronger all of a sudden. or you are including tire weight?

With tire
Ever pick up a dakota R/T wheel? Very thick casting.
Also have to keep in mind they are 9" wide.
They are heavier than my buick GN wheels

normal_3_17_04_08_7_04_47.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Some factory wheels are very heavy these day's. Try a factory 22" Escalade wheel and you'll see what I'm talking about.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
lightest wheels ive ever seen, 13" aluminum mr2 wheels, they were like a pound each.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
2000.malibu.ls said:
i seriouslt doubt 60 pounds each, I work at a tire place, I mess with rims and tires all day long, the heaviest wheels ive ever touched are my regal wheels they have to weigh 50 pounds, alluminum wheels cannot pssibley weigh that much unless Ive gotten a lot stronger all of a sudden. or you are including tire weight?

The first two I posted (listed with tire sizes) include the tire indicated while the draglite was without tire.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
87Cutlass442 said:
SMH...thread derail FTL

pretty much, so what are you going to do with the car?

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
78mali350 said:
87Cutlass442 said:
SMH...thread derail FTL

sh*t, I dont know...this didnt solve anything!! :lol:

But, seriously...I dont know. I think I'm just gonna do whatever I want to do, while keeping it classy at the same time. It's obviously not going to appeal to everyone, but hey...it's my damn car, and I can't please everyone. However, as stated, whatever mods I do, they'll be tasteful (IMO)

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
87Cutlass442 said:
78mali350 said:
87Cutlass442 said:
SMH...thread derail FTL

sh*t, I dont know...this didnt solve anything!! :lol:

But, seriously...I dont know. I think I'm just gonna do whatever I want to do, while keeping it classy at the same time. It's obviously not going to appeal to everyone, but hey...it's my damn car, and I can't please everyone. However, as stated, whatever mods I do, they'll be tasteful (IMO)

That is how EVERY car should be built! amen to that. You really should post a build thread i love watching the cars progress. Some will hate and the rest of us will enjoy. Don't let a few people's opinions get to you. In the end it's your $$$$$ and car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor