idling time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: What do youz think. I think vehicles should come with an hour run meter and that's not driving hours. I see so many coworkers just sitting in their cars at breaks and lunch just idling. Now it's with the heater on but in summer it's AC. I don't do it but think about cops a fire. They probably have it but to joe public we don't. U can always put a meter in but why not from the factory. Waiting fuel and ware on engine.
IBBY

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My lawn mower has an hour meter on it. I don't even pay attention to it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
My lawn mower has an hour meter on it. I don't even pay attention to it.
hello people: I think U should. It's like farm equipment, gas generators and stuff like that. I don't the procedure with hours run as long as PM is done.
IBBY

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
On newer vehicles most have engine hour data, accessible through the dash display option

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
hello people: I think U should. It's like farm equipment, gas generators and stuff like that. I don't the procedure with hours run as long as PM is done.
IBBY
Yeah, but here's the rub. You get the "oil light" at a certain number of hours, which says to change oil at that point. But you can't reset it. And it has to go out on its own. It doesn't care if you change oil every season or whatever. So in effect, it's kinda BS to even have it.

Hour meters are fine if you need them for maintenance, like generators and the like. But if they're not worth diddly otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I think it might be handy like on a low milage vehicle, but idle hours are high. I know nothing about run hours. it was just I thought as seeing my coworkers just sitting in their cars and trucks playing on their phones kills me.
over and out
IBBY

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not all vehicles have them. Pretty much all GM trucks from mid-2000s have them. I know my 2020 Sierra Denali has an hour meter on it and I think it also tracks idle hours, but I'm not sure. And I kinda don't even care.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Not all vehicles have them. Pretty much all GM trucks from mid-2000s have them. I know my 2020 Sierra Denali has an hour meter on it and I think it also tracks idle hours, but I'm not sure. And I kinda don't even care.
You sir are exactly right... And I too could care less about hour logging on vehicles, I'd be more worried about flood damage not being disclosed or noticed then this pettily crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor