I'm a couple of days late, But lets see your Dogs for national dog day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Forgot to put up pic of my other dog which is 21 years old & still with us, the wooden dog I carved as a valentines day present for the wife for feb 1999. As if woodcarving something to look realistic isn't hard enough, I was modeling off a growing dog, one that wouldn't keep still either. I carved wrinkles, moles, one ear flopped back, & hand burned the hair pattern. Stain color has horribly faded & hair has worn down from handling. Still looks much more realistic in person with darker lighting & looks like 1 yr old dog.
When I gave to my wife, I bought the real dog outback & walked back in with the wood dogs head sticking out my jacket, with the dog's red collar on it. Wife petted the head, smiled & went back to watching tv. A few seconds later she starts freaking out because the dog wasn't moving . Then the real dog runs back in through the dog door while she looks back & forth at both in confusion. Priceless moment.
View attachment 122568 View attachment 122569
Nice carving. Dachshund's are smart, funny little dogs. When found toys that matched our 3. They destroyed them in short order.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Ours, at some point will try for a photo op with them in the back of the wagon but they aren’t into listening to commands.

I take more pictures of them than my cars

D0E67014-381B-422A-A91F-1357ED5809BD.jpeg

0D3ADCCE-EDED-4725-9E67-41C32A432EC8.jpeg

31CBE05B-E6E0-41CA-AA3D-A9F54ED8DEA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C1E2816-A6EA-4F4C-AEB2-A4DB1FBC457F.jpeg
    7C1E2816-A6EA-4F4C-AEB2-A4DB1FBC457F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 136
Reactions: 7 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The wife would love to have one ^ but just too hot down here in southern Ks. Beautiful dogs (y)

I think people in warm climates get them, they don't mind the heat, just as long as they can get inside and aren't left out in 90+ weather for a really long time they'd be ok. But yea, they do like the cool/cold weather for sure. 🥶🙂 . Ours are definitely indoor dogs, although they come in/out often. A fenced in yard is a must with them though.

Reactions: 1 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Update to post 75.Couldn't talk the wife out of it this time. Got em thurs night. Finally got a decent pic.
Chocolate one is girl, other is boy. He is a rare grayish color called Isabella.
Boy is calmer, girl is a little whiner & a big handful.
Don't let the cute tired out faces fool yall. They pee a few times an hour , are in full teething stage & chew everything. Owners NEVER let them outside, so they are catching up on training & curiosity. Even a dead leaf is an exciting chew toy.
Been 6 years since last of our 2 died. Wife seems to have forgot the trouble part, so it's mostly up to me when I'm
home to deal with. I've been called part wolf, so I'm the leader.
Mommy spoils & I train.

Attachments

• 20191123_085231.jpg
    20191123_085231.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Wagonman100

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2018
Very cute. You forget about the early training stuff once it is done and you get a great companion (or companions) for many years after, as you well know having had dogs before. They are like children, it’s all in how you raise them that determines how they come out. Best of luck with them and enjoy them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor