I'm trying to get some info on a motor I got a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbub37

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2008
Richmond Indania
I"m sure I have a Olds 455 the guy I got it from said it came out of a 68 delta 88 and he had the motor in a cutlass for a long time and pulled it out a few yrs back. I have searched the internet with the numbers off the motor and I'm not coming up with much info. numbers on the block are 396021F and J heads. I found numbers on the back of the intake 412753 -D2BW and behind the flywheel F5. I would like to find out the stock hp n specs for this motor. any info or where to find the info would be great. thanks Bigbub!!

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Nice url above form potiacgp! Those j heads that you have aren't great in stock form but they could be totally reworked which would make a world of difference..

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Nice url above form potiacgp! Those j heads that you have aren't great in stock form but they could be totally reworked which would make a world of difference..
Foxtrot is correct, those J heads are smog heads with harden valve seats but they will work. 396021 F 1968-76 455 with stud boss for a 4 speed. If it had a 396021 Fa it has no stud boss for a 4 speed. That intake is for a 1974 455 L75. It looks like you have a 1974 455, stock HP about 250-270 and 370 ft-lb. F5 tells me it was made between 74-76. If that block came out of a 68 delta 88 it should be factory red and behind the flywheel it would have 68F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor