In search of a straighter radiator hose for bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
My lack of vacuum is the reason I'm going to manual brakes. Dave recommended I try a master with 7/8" bore. After hearing your success I'm confident I'll be happy with the swap. I also see you put in a 45 degree fitting for the hose from the intake to the water pump. I tried every hose but with my intake they never fit properly and always had a slight kink. I was always going to put in a 45 and now I see it will work

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Yeah,the 45 degree fitting sure made it a lot easier to get that little hose in place.
IIRC,it is made by Performance Stainless Steel;
Guy

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
just ordered a gates 20823. would also like to replace the bottom ribbed style hose with a smooth one. 81 malibu sb. just don't like the ribbed style. anybody have a number for a smooth bottom hose? thanks. Denny

I'm pretty sure you can run a stock Sbc lower hose. You may need to trim it a little.

ACDelco 24132L

Gates 21324

Dayco 71131

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor