Intake Manifold Installation 305 SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Ok, I got my hands on a damn near new Edelbrock Performer EPS for cheap...

20220312_112159.jpg
20220312_112307.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Also , how does your 305 perform with that rpm cam ?
Do you enough vacuum ? Is it lazy on the bottom end ?
I ask because I had a rpm cam and intake in a 403 years ago and it ran hard from about 2800 on but below that … not so much
What heads to you have on it ?

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Agreed with
That Fram has to go, a nice Wix or a Napa filter would be better. Don't reuse the gaskets it be like wearing someone else's shoes and it just doesn't fit the same as the gaskets are crushed to fit to the previous manifold
The gaskets are mated to the old manifold. Even a slight variation in the angle of cut or relative location of the mating surface is begging for a leak either coolant or vacuum leak.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Really do not want to get into a pizzing contest here but looking at the photo's of the underside of this intake it appears to have been gasket matched and ported possibly to the point of the upper right port (Side of #2 cylinder next to the water crossover) in the photo not having any witness marks from a gasket sealing around it. May have been the reason for such a deep discount on the price.
I would spend the money on new gaskets to make sure the gaskets will seal around all the ports. Beats chasing a vacuum leak.
Just my $.02

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Depends on how many more pages this thread will go lmao.
I wouldn't give a **** if it was 10,000 thousand pages long lol im sorry I ask as many detailed questions as possible, mother****er i said i'm learning like a million mother****ing times and here we are again tickling each other or the number of pages lol...

sincerely, **** YOU DRIVEN...

I'M SORRY TO TAKE IT THERE, BUT IM SICK OF SUGAR COATING sh*t...MOTHER****ER IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY THREADS, WHY THE **** ARE YOU EVEN BOTHERING TO FOLLOW THEM ??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
customer review on the second choice (15 degree) said this :

"I went from an 86 305 to a 96 350 Vortec with 91 Suburban Accessories. This housing was needed to use a 91 Suburban upper radiator hose on the stock G-Body radiator. The "old style" housing would not work at all as the hose touches belts."

i didn't swap to 350 Vortec but i have this belt setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor