RACING Interested in Colorado? Or maybe Mustangs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
There are traffic cameras through there - I've seen multiple rock slide videos. They aren't high res, but sooner or later something should surface on the internet.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Surprised they did not radio a barricade ahead of him. Also going at that speed will drain your gas tank pretty quick.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
West of Glenwood springs there isn't much and radio communication doesn't travel very far in the canyon. If he didn't get a good description, other than "an older model mustang" even if they caught "the guy", it wouldn't hold up in court.

Back in the '85 the NM highway patrol put up a roadblock for me and the brand new Black TPI Trans Am I was racing on I-40, only because 1) the truckers going the opposite direction radioed in were were going "over 150" and 2) I was driving a bright orange '71 Cuda340 convertible and 3) we held speed between 125 and 130 mph for over 11 miles...until two Semi's purposefully blocked the road (At the 55 mph speed limit) and finally 4) the TA idiot passed them both on the shoulder.

After an @ss chewing, my fine was $32 and no points. I didn't mention to the cop that the T/A's passenger threw a beer can at me, before speeding away (thinking he was going to get away) because I didn't find it until weeks later, lodged in the core support.

Last edited:

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
It's not like Denver where there's a State Patrol Charger every few miles. If he was driving a white Challenger through that stretch, I'd say he was trying to pull of a Kowalski imitation. (Vanishing Point was partially filmed in Glenwood canyon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor