Interior getting wet, help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
when my car sits in the rain my interior is getting wet on that spot that is right under the quarter window. It used to get wet when I had the vinyl top on so I figured it had something to do with that but now I got the vinyl top took off and the rust holes fixed and got nonvinyl top quarter windows installed but its stilll getting wet but only on the driver side. nothing else is getting wet besides that so how can water be getting in???

somebody help cuz im lost

Attachments

• cutlass (8).jpg
    cutlass (8).jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 377

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Its a rubber trim piece that is more for show than anything. There is still urethane glue sealing the window in. I'd pull the rear seat and the interior panels back there and get a friend with a garden hose and see where the water comeing in first. Could be the rear window too, when I took my vinyl top off I found that the whole bottom of the back glass was unglued and could be pushed out easily, it may have been leaking as there were two big rot holes in the corners under the rear seat. A buddy with a monte ss told me to roll up the windows if I ever got the car over 140... I guess due to the aerodynamics its not uncommon to lose the back window that way in a g body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor