Intrepid fan wiring help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985Diablo

Apprentice
May 4, 2009
Brick, NJ
85GPLef41 said:
Thanks for the link. I read that the cutoff year for the fans on the intrepid fans was 97. Mine are from a 98 and they have 2 black wires 1 brown and 1 pink. When i hooked up either the pink or brown the fans were seperate and when i added a black they were on high but when i hooked up one black wire to positive and the other to negative they were on low :?: how would i hook them up?? Did i get the wrong ones?

Blace wires would be ground, pink/brown would be b+. You need a diagram for the 98 to get it right. You said you put power to the Pink/Brown, what did you use for ground?

Try this, power the Pink/Brown wires, ground ONE black, if you get low speed, ground the second black and see if you get Hi speed. Then get back to me with the results.

87National gave you a link that almost matches my descripton.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Blace wires would be ground, pink/brown would be b+. You need a diagram for the 98 to get it right. You said you put power to the Pink/Brown, what did you use for ground?

Try this, power the Pink/Brown wires, ground ONE black, if you get low speed, ground the second black and see if you get Hi speed. Then get back to me with the results.

OK i did what you suggested and when i put power to the tan and green wires and grounded one black wire, one fan worked and when the other black wire was grounded both fans worked. So i grounded both black wires and put power to the tan wire both fans on low. When both green and tan wires had power they were on high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor