Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
As always, everything looks super sanitary and impeccable. As Driven says, your outstanding attention to detail... I couldn't agree with him more. It will all show once the car is assembled. I kind of lack in that dept. :?

Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying mild weather. We've also been lucky in that respect, however, we are expected to get some cold weather coming our way.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Been working on the 63 Impala SS so I can get the blonde off my case. She's always complained that I only build cars, we never actually go for rides in them. So, when I built the 63 for a good friend and then ended up buying it, my caveat was we would drive the car some. So, that's what I've been working on. When the females aren't happy, there's no peace, figuratively and literally.

That said, and now that I'm picking up in the middle again, I’m trying to get some more of this “mundane, nobody’s gonna see it” stuff done. Yes, it’s important but it’s also not rocket science. Finally loaded the fuel tank with the sender, pump and pulsator. Now I need to get a couple of hoses made to connect the fuel tank to the chassis fuel lines.

Not a big deal, just costs a little because the hoses need to be custom made. In this case I don’t really even care what the crimps look like as no one will be able to see them under the fuel tank. The lines that run from the chassis to the engine, now that’s another story entirely.

Here’s all the pieces assembled. Fuel Sender, Fuel Pump, Pulsator Mount and Pulsator. It's not easy to see but there's a little piece that goes between the pulsator and the pump that helps the pulsator align better. Probably would work fine without it.

In the tank perspective short the pickup sock

Where the fuel lines attach to the chassis. The High Pressure rubber hoses help to dissipate some of the fuel pump pulsations. In my case, there'll be three sets of short high pressure shock hoses

Where the chassis attaches to the fuel tank

Fuel Sender orientation in the tank. These high pressure hoses are the GM hoses used at the junction between the chassis hard line and engine fuel system. These are just for orientation but the hose I will use will be the same only shorter. These are GM high pressure fuel hoses with O-Ringed fittings.

And for now at least, I rest my case. ...

:arrow: :) :arrow: :wink: :arrow: :roll: :arrow:

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Looking awesome as always, I see more and more of it has come together!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Did you make the fuel lines yourself? Did you model the routing using the old stock lines? How about the short hoses to connect the tank to the body?

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Yep, Sure did. Just used the old transfer lines as a pattern. What I've been doing lately is looking for the 14mm and 16mm fittings so I can have my custom length hoses made. Finally found what I think are the right pieces. Seems really ridiculous to buy hoses just to cut them up to get the fittings. I have a local hose joint that makes a nice crimp but they dont have the fittings.

Artomatic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2015
Summit IL-Denver co-OC cali
iroc wagon you say.. Wouldn't want it any other way ..lol ... It's always fun making a wagon fast .. Sleeper I go to known import meeting areas and give them a little show .. Please post more pics in a fan of your work

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good Scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor