Wench Switch.jpg
RR Lights.jpg
LL Switch.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
For all of you Costco members, industrial shelving somewhat like you see in Scott's shop are on sale for the next week. Rated for 2K, $139. Now, if I only had more garage space...

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
For all of you Costco members, industrial shelving somewhat like you see in Scott's shop are on sale for the next week. Rated for 2K, $139. Now, if I only had more garage space...
I hear ya there, bigger garage I need.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I starting to pull ahead of you! Still behind Jack and Blake though.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Reactions: 1 user

tech4

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2010
Well,

I’ve been cleaning parts I already have and hunting down the parts I don’t have. Probably the biggest deal I’ve been working on is the engine.

I have the roller block, roller lifters and fast burn aluminum heads.

Have the roller rockers, stud girdle and guide plates.

I have the rods but they need to be bronze bushed for floating pins.

I have a ported Tuned Port intake manifold and plenum.

Have the nodular iron flywheel, the Center-Force clutch cover and disc.

I have the adapter to use a two piece rear main seal crank in a one piece rear main seal block.

Have the polished Z28 Valve Covers don’t know for sure if I need an inch or three quarter inch spacer to clear the roller rockers.

I’m chasing down leads on TPIS, AS&M or Accel intake runners. Also looking at a Scoggin-Dickey TPI intake. Haven’t decided on the specific camshaft yet or whether I’m going to use a small journal crankshaft or trade for a large journal crank. Need to purchase domed pistons to get to 12.5 - 13.5 - 1 end compression ratio. I’m going to run E85 so the high compression should be a breeze.

I’ve decided to use the Corvette exhaust manifolds for now. I’ve taken them apart and they’re headed for the powder coater. I can always change to the headers after I get them so they're worth looking at.

Dug the interior down of the shelves and have been purchasing pieces I don’t have or need to replace.

The rear floor cover is a whale to manhandle. This side looks good, unfortunately, the side that faces up, not so much.

Dug all the stainless out and need to send it out to be banged on and polished.

Finally found some clamps I didn’t have to remortgage the house on.

I let the chassis sit outside on Saturdays so it can keep its tan through the winter.

Once I get the bullet built and in the chassis, I can finish the exhaust and set the body down on the frame for the last time. Elbow grease, money and a little know how is all it takes to build one of these deals from the ground up, not necessarily in that order. …

Thanks for asking. … 8)
How did you get the rest floor cover out was it difficult? I want to remove mine to rust proof.

Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor