IROC Wagon Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
How did you get the rest floor cover out was it difficult? I want to remove mine to rust proof.

Tech
Do you mean, the rear cargo floor in the wagon? If so, it isn't difficult, a little cumbersome though.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah the cargo floor. I want to also do some sound deadening. I guess I'll give it try.

Thanks.
You may have to remove the side panels first, then loosen all the perimeter screws. I did it by myself, but it would be helpful having another pair of hands available. When you're ready to remove the floor, lift it slightly and start pulling it rearward...don't lift it too high or else you'll have trouble clearing the opening.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Jack is right on this one. An extra set of hands with young knees works well for the inside position. It's not a race to see how fast you can get it done. Be careful because you can scratch the crap out of the rear sill if you're not watching. At the end of the day, more time consuming than labor intensive. ...

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Well, my time is coming soon. Been traveling for the entire year and the magic month of December is right around the corner. I take my last trip in a week and I'm done for the year.

As luck would have it, I just took my intake manifold to the Powder Coat joint and get it back next Tuesday. A day or two after that and my bullet will finally be done. I have been in no hurry but as it draws closer I'm kind of excited again about this deal. For those who of you that have forgotten and those of you that never knew, yes, it's been a while, but my hot rod mouse consists of the following.

It's a late eighties four bolt main block that has been fully deburred, magnafluxed, clearanced and decked. It's a four inch bore with a three inch stroke or more familiarly known as a 302. Has a forged tufftrided crankshaft with standard rod and main journals. H-Beam rods with ARP bolts, TRW forged 13.5-1 pistons. Roller camshaft, roller lifters, GM performance aluminum cylinder heads, custom Scoggin Dickey Tuned Port Intake manifold with Arizona Speed intake plenum and runners. Nodular iron flywheel with a Centerforce clutch. Every piece has been ported and polished as well as balanced within a hair of its life. It will run on a combination of E85 and Unleaded race gas. E85 for the bang and race gas for the tailpipe.

OK, I get it, that’s all boring crap you don’t need to know but now you do. Ya know, I have to tell you, I’ve heard all the neighsayers about this combination, how it’s going to run out of breath and every other story. Bulls**t. These motors, even in stock configuration run like motorcycle engines, high winding and incredibly responsive. Yep, if it was 1970 I’d go for the big inch rat motor, it isn’t so I’m not.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I got so disgusted with the belt line mouldings, (window sweeps), that I had to get away from the car for a while. I can’t stand inferior parts passed off as reproduction. I equate this to making a copy of a document but the document copy saying some of what the original did but some paragraphs are changed? Or maybe if the manufacturer of a generic drug changed the formula of the drug but still called it by the trade name. Who in hell would tolerate that? Yes I know, it’s only car parts but that misses the point entirely.

So since all that, there are a couple choices now of correctly beaded, finished and semi finished belt line seals that resemble the originals, or at least for my use, close enough. I’ll likely massage them but they’re more finished than the chopped off versions I took off the car. If you have these, I mean no disrespect. They just don’t work for me.

So that’s it for this installment. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. If you’re in the military or a vet, thank-you for your service. God Bless America. ...

Scott. …

Stay Thirsty my Friends

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I would really like to hear how that engine runs for you. I always wanted to build a 327 turbo engine. I think the small cube engines would run awesome on the street. Keep us posted.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'd be interested in hearing more about a more correct belt molding, I have been contemplating using a non-beaded later style since i do not care for the open end on the commonly available repros

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad you made some updates, I just ordered some of the repop dew sweeps. I'll be painting the chrome bead black though.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I'd like more info on the new style sweeps too ! My doors are still apart on the left side so it would be only half the work taking them apart. Please post the info as soon as you can !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor