Is anyone else in the gbody community annoyed by the gold diggers?

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Anything bubble gum, Bondo and bailing wire is extra. The silver spray paint is white glove, platinum, diamond service.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I hear the same crying on the Mopar forums. Boo hoo over Dusters and Road Runners that are not the $4000 they used to be. I've parted out Hemi cars when they were just junk parts cars.
The same tears on the Mustang sites. Dudes reminiscing of the 300,000km Mustang they found on the car lot for $3000.

Times have changed, minimum wage is not $5/hr.

A good condition G body starts at $10g. Anything desirable like a 442 or GN. Take your pick. A nice GN or a new Camry. Almost the same price.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I reminisce about the $1,100 minty mint 72 442 I bought off a car lot in the 80s while stationed in Charleston. 350 4-bbl, automatic trans, 41K miles, that puke yellow with white stripes and white vinyl top with black/white interior with yellow SSII wheels. It was sharp. 2 owners, original paint and everything. Kinda plain jane otherwise, but dang it was a smooth looking car. That's when I found out those neat looking hood stripes on the non-W cars had vinyl stripes on it.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I can't unload roller wagons for 500.00, so I don't feel your pain.
You know where to find an '83 Pontiac Bonneville wagon? Id like to give one as a gift to a very good friend who's been helping me more than he knows.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You know where to find an '83 Pontiac Bonneville wagon? Id like to give one as a gift to a very good friend who's been helping me more than he knows.
Does your friend have a rotten 83 Bonnie with minty northern interior? GWarren may have the other half of the car you'll need...

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Does your friend have a rotten 83 Bonnie with minty northern interior? GWarren may have the other half of the car you'll need...
Thanks for the tip! He (Danny) currently drives a Toyota, but he's said on many occasions that his favorite car that he's ever owned was the Bon Bon. I've been borrowing his Grand Am for the last 7 months, as the 4l65e rebuild on my '04 Sierra has turned into a complete exhaust job, custom engine mounts & trans x-member, valve covers, DiabLew tune, full suspension, steering, brakes, etc.... you know how it goes.

Danny is quite literally my only friend aside from my father and sister- I had to walk away from everyone and everything a couple years ago to start over. I've got a long way to go to get my shop up and going, but that wagon and my father's '78 Z-28 will be the first 2 projects to roll out the door after I practice on my '78 Elk. The Camaro is in the garage, the wagon is non-existent and I'm trying to get a feel for the market. I apologize if I'm rambling or hijacking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I knew where there was a 1979 LeMans Wagon, but I believe he crushed it.
Thanks for the quick response. It's sad to hear that we lost another awesome GM vehicle to the crusher, but I've been guilty of killing a couple square body trucks myself so I can't blame the guy. For this project, for this friend I think of as my brother, I want to give him the happiness that talking about that car gives him memories of. I'm in the Wichita Ks area and this project won't start for at least another year, I'm just always thinking, always planning.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor