Is anyone else in the gbody community annoyed by the gold diggers?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I don't buy and sell junk to make money. It's generally a losing cause. If you THINK you're making money by buying a car for 16K, and selling it for say, 20K later on, let's start adding up the insurance, storage, maintenance (including parts) to keep it in fine shape or even improve on it. It very rarely pays dividends in the whole, but the joy of ownership, driving and working on the car is the real reward.

Not that it is likely to happen, but I will attach a "Hunter Alexander surcharge" to anything I have if he ever ends up buying anything from me again. Just to hear him b*tch about it. Hahaha! :LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Well I gave my ex half of it, so yeah
If I had kept it in my wallet it would have all leaked out over 5 years for sure so the Camaro was a good investment in fun at least
I agree 100%. When I sold the Tahoe, I bought against my wife’s wishes, at a profit I threw my wife a couple hundred. I then promptly tied the money back up in two cars. Better sitting there in vehicles, than being able to be spent. It’s like a savings account for me at this point.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I don't buy and sell junk to make money. It's generally a losing cause. If you THINK you're making money by buying a car for 16K, and selling it for say, 20K later on, let's start adding up the insurance, storage, maintenance (including parts) to keep it in fine shape or even improve on it. It very rarely pays dividends in the whole, but the joy of ownership, driving and working on the car is the real reward.

Not that it is likely to happen, but I will attach a "Hunter Alexander surcharge" to anything I have if he ever ends up buying anything from me again. Just to hear him b*tch about it. Hahaha! :LOL:
If you really want to get under his skin sell me the blue 442 at a steep discount.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I agree 100%. When I sold the Tahoe, I bought against my wife’s wishes, at a profit I threw my wife a couple hundred. I then promptly tied the money back up in two cars. Better sitting there in vehicles, than being able to be spent. It’s like a savings account for me at this point.
Hence why I said above I traded car parts for a rifle. Putting money into something that's physical hard assets is worth more than the money itself.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Wish someone would dangle a $500 Malibu 2dr in front of me.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I can't unload roller wagons for 500.00, so I don't feel your pain.
That's that seller's market people are referring to..

Think About It GIF by Identity

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
As always, big difference between asking and reality of selling price

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor