IS THERE A SECRET TO INSTALLING TORQUE CONVERTER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
I did one on a jeep a little while ago and I had to sand down the inside of the torque converter as it had ridges in it not causing it to slide on right. It doesn't take much for them to catch up an not slide on.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
well i took the converter from my th350 and slid it on. it goes on twice, then acts like it wants to click a 3rd time, kinda does then gets tight. turn it more and it seems to come back out, but it is in there pretty tight.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
SilverShadow87 said:
well i took the converter from my th350 and slid it on. it goes on twice, then acts like it wants to click a 3rd time, kinda does then gets tight. turn it more and it seems to come back out, but it is in there pretty tight.

And it shouldn't go on. 2004r's and th350 don't use the same convertor.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
the one i had been using wouldnt fit and kept breaking the seal. oddly, put it on the 350 just for sh*ts an giggles and it clicked right on just like the videos. flipped the 200, pushed it on and it seated right into place... somehow they got switched while astray in the garage. now.... gotta figure out how to get it up from under the car since its so heavy. tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor