It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I was just thinking, if you are toying with the idea of buying a G-Body, do it now. With all the resto parts coming down the pike (and more to come), the G-Body's are going to start looking good to collectors. The 87's hit 25 years old this year. The next thing you know the "dinks' bidding at Barrett-Jackson will drive the price up to the Chevelle range. Right behind that is every rube with a G-Body in his back yard rusting off the frame will think they're sitting on a gold mine.
Just my prediction, but I bet these cars (and not just the GN's) are going to blow up in the next 5 years. Just imagine getting your Year One G-Body catalog in the mail as thick as a first gen Camaro catalog. Get a second job boys and girls.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Bweavy said:
Peter said:
from what ive heard about the cost analysis of producing doors, it didnt seem likely but im certainly glad to see it happening
It wasn't so much the cost but as the re-sale quantity. We have parted out over 600 Gbody's. 95% wrecks.Others are projects that were so stripped down it wasn't worth putting back together but to sell to help save other cars. Out of all these cars how many rust free like new doors would you get?
20%-25% best. So to say we have sold 120-150 sets of mint doors is a fair estimate.
Not having new Doors you can't compile data because it is an unavailable part. We have sold a lot of patch panels.

So after reviewing I think Toby was able to understand this & be the first on the market. He has laid out a lot of his reputation for us.

Today we are next day shipping some essential NOS parts over for the best results. This is also including T-tops & quarter glass for Vinyl to Hard top coversions. Yes NOS parts to get the highest quality results.

if you need a consumer test for a drivers side door, im your man :D

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I will have a full report write up. Yesterday was able to visit a factory about all the moldings to see something very interesting which I have heard about but didnt believe until i saw. If Harley Davidson has the faith to have this company make it's products we should have the faith as well. I used to own a Dyna Wide Glyde and every aspect of chrome and decorations on teh bike had to be flawless to be licensed by HD. I have three pages of molding projects for this MFG to start producing. Overwhelming and exciting at the same time. Comment about this line becoming the next Chevelle. I dont feel that the platform will get that expensive due to over 200,000 of the platform still on the road. I see the GN, and TYype being sought after. I wouldnt wait to buy a Gbody soon, I think the value will go up. I see magazines doing articles on the platform and other aftermarket accessories becoming available to fit the want of us.

Tomorrow I will visit with the manufacturer on all plastic exterior trim pieces and lighting.

Attachments

• IMAG0734.jpg
    IMAG0734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 560
  • IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 569
  • IMAG0698.jpg
    IMAG0698.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 577
  • DSCF5999.JPG
    DSCF5999.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 563
  • DSCF5978.JPG
    DSCF5978.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 568

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Let me know when these parts are manufactured by someone on this side of the ocean so that I know when I spend my money it's going into the pocket of someone who will enrich this society with it.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
pontiacgp said:
Let me know when these parts are manufactured by someone on this side of the ocean so that I know when I spend my money it's going into the pocket of someone who will enrich this society with it.

Dude, why dont you go away from my posts as I mentioned in PMs to you. I asked kindly, now I make it apparent to all the negativity you provide. You see those Dynacorn boxes?? They are made in USA. See that EDP paint, Made in USA. My wages, my driver, my sales staff are all a product of work in the USA. I have asked you before to give me your ideas and or MFG that resides in North America, with no answers. Oh and BTW I have bought more from YOUR country in rust repair panels than I have in America so far this year. So why dont you go out and slap all those parts all over your car and brag about product that is made in Canada. You provide a level of ignorance, I provide a level of solutions to our supply issues. I spend 16 hrs a day for the past 4 days sourcing, to see this level of BS..... you need criticized.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Grandprixpaul said:
Yea id be interested in seeing the t- top kit the only option i wanted on my gp. And is yearone putting out a g-body book?

I am not sure if they will put out a book or not. Too early in the game, after products are available they more than likely will.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
tobyp said:
pontiacgp said:

Dude, why dont you go away from my posts as I mentioned in PMs to you. I asked kindly, now I make it apparent to all the negativity you provide. You see those Dynacorn boxes?? They are made in USA. See that EDP paint, Made in USA. My wages, my driver, my sales staff are all a product of work in the USA. I have asked you before to give me your ideas and or MFG that resides in North America, with no answers. Oh and BTW I have bought more from YOUR country in rust repair panels than I have in America so far this year. So why dont you go out and slap all those parts all over your car and brag about product that is made in Canada. You provide a level of ignorance, I provide a level of solutions to our supply issues. I spend 16 hrs a day for the past 4 days sourcing, to see this level of BS..... you need criticized.

I asked you to let me know when the parts are made here. I already know what your excuses are. I happen to fight to keep the jobs here and no one will stop me. You can call me ignorant and and say I'm just talking BS...but I'm trying to help our people to get back to work and if you find that ignorant then that says alot about you.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I agree with what you're saying, but this is like 4 or 5 posts now saying the same thing. "Build it here". I would love to see more manufacturing in the US, but this thread isn't talking about that. The cars are already shipped and work is moving in that direction. We all know your feelings on this. I second the request to stop please. It's becoming non productive and a bit of a distraction. My car is 25 years old now, and if it weren't for this project I still wouldn't be able to get simple sheetmetal replacements for it. If an American Company wanted to make repro's, it would be done by now. Figuratively and literally, "That ship has sailed".

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
oldsofb said:
I agree with what you're saying, but this is like 4 or 5 posts now saying the same thing. "Build it here". I would love to see more manufacturing in the US, but this thread isn't talking about that. The cars are already shipped and work is moving in that direction. We all know your feelings on this. I second the request to stop please. It's becoming non productive and a bit of a distraction. My car is 25 years old now, and if it weren't for this project I still wouldn't be able to get simple sheetmetal replacements for it. If an American Company wanted to make repro's, it would be done by now. Figuratively and literally, "That ship has sailed".

We still buy a lot of Canadian Sheet metal to re-sell. Same with GM parts from Canada.
We still build a lot of parts in The U.S. PA,NC,FL, OHIO are our largest suppliers. I think this is a we can not get it built here with in reason solution.
No one is taking those parts away from our current suppliers. It is where it can not be supplied in reason to re-sell to a 25 year old vehicle economically.

I want my freaking Pry bar. No one goes in my tool box huh? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor