It's a good day for the Gbody community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
You will have to go through the Department of State to apply for extradition. You could claim kidnapping since it was locked in the trunk of a car. :lol:

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
oldsofb said:
You will have to go through the Department of State to apply for extradition. You could claim kidnapping since it was locked in the trunk of a car. :lol:

Just trying to figure out how I didn't see him in the trunk before we shipped the car ;)He must have been behind the spare tire.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
oldsofb said:
I agree with what you're saying, but this is like 4 or 5 posts now saying the same thing. "Build it here". I would love to see more manufacturing in the US, but this thread isn't talking about that. The cars are already shipped and work is moving in that direction. We all know your feelings on this. I second the request to stop please. It's becoming non productive and a bit of a distraction. My car is 25 years old now, and if it weren't for this project I still wouldn't be able to get simple sheetmetal replacements for it. If an American Company wanted to make repro's, it would be done by now. Figuratively and literally, "That ship has sailed".

and I don't only say it here...there are too many skilled people out of work and I promote the businesses that manufacture their product on this side of the ocean. I dropped a corporate client of mine because they cheaped out and started manufacturing junk in china. It's attitudes like yours that the ship has sailed that helps the offshore countries get rich. I am confident that there are more people who will fight to bring back what is ours than those like yourself who accept defeat so willingly.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I was simply stating that your complaints on this thread were a bit pointless since the car has already been shipped and work is being done. It's like going into a pizza joint and complaining that they don't make soup, and then stating loudly "I'm not really interested in your food until you start making soup"...........and then refusing to leave. They are never going to make soup.

That is this thread. Those specific parts are not going to be made here. It's a fact. I wish they were. If an American co. thought they could make a profit they would have been made already. I for one am thankful that someone is trying to get this done. Maybe in the future other North American co. will pick up the flag and run with it. Until then we have to settle for the co. that will make them.

Hutch

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
oldsofb said:
I was simply stating that your complaints on this thread were a bit pointless since the car has already been shipped and work is being done. It's like going into a pizza joint and complaining that they don't make soup, and then stating loudly "I'm not really interested in your food until you start making soup"...........and then refusing to leave. They are never going to make soup.

That is this thread. Those specific parts are not going to be made here. It's a fact. I wish they were. If an American co. thought they could make a profit they would have been made already. I for one am thankful that someone is trying to get this done. Maybe in the future other North American co. will pick up the flag and run with it. Until then we have to settle for the the co. that will make them.

Hutch
These are my intentions. Thanks for your well spoken reply. I have some mfg in Ohio bit it is more than they are ready to handle right now. Canadian companies are doing well for us.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bweavy said:
oldsofb said:

Just trying to figure out how I didn't see him in the trunk before we shipped the car ;)He must have been behind the spare tire.
Funny stuff Brian. Everytime ypu pick it up you will have a little laugh. I would bring it home with me but security may not let a 24" prybar through.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
oldsofb said:

That is this thread. Those specific parts are not going to be made here. It's a fact. I wish they were. If an American co. thought they could make a profit they would have been made already. I for one am thankful that someone is trying to get this done. Maybe in the future other North American co. will pick up the flag and run with it. Until then we have to settle for the the co. that will make them.

Hutch
Hutch I am from Md too . You must be around the Baltimore area. I last lived in White Marsh,Md. I read your replies & it makes me laugh. It is the tell it like it is with a twist on it. You don't get that down here very often.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I am proud to present the first set of properly produced bumper fillers for the Buick Regal. They are correct in matrial, feel, function. Exact as OEM.

No BS here guys, this is the way our quality will be. Please support Brian.

Check out the wheels that were just become available as well.

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... acaed1d6dc

Next the moonroof seal will become available in 4 weeks.

Now I need to go get some headlight bezels created....stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
  • IMAG0785.jpg
    IMAG0785.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 365
  • IMAG0784.jpg
    IMAG0784.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 372

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Thanks Brian. Glad to hear it's a home town boy involved in this. My hat goes off to both of you for taking the leap in this direction. I can't wait to see what's next. Saving my pennies now!

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
This is why this community is the bomb. We are all working together to help one another. This is why I love my EL Camino/gbody even more everyday. I could sell and get a 70-72 Monte Carlo or 78-79 Bronco like I want, but they do not have near the same community this selection of cars do. Man I love this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor