It's getting pretty stupid out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hurdle the sick and trample the dead. Had an example of what you're describing occur in front of me today. On my way to somewhere, doing the legal limit for the stretch of road and some mor-off blows by me in the curb lane doing at least 10 mph or more beyond the legal limit, and then changes lanes to get ahead of me, and slows down.

After all these years I am not much of a sociable individual any more. All Covid has done is give me the opportunity to ease more and more into hermit mode. It doesn't help that it has almost reached the point where you need internal passports or movement papers to prove your need to be mobile. Easy to cross the border; absolutely horrific to get back if you don't have a pre-clearance created. Highly likely that I will miss Viking for the 3rd year in a row, and, as for all the parts that are still sitting at the drop zone, that by itself is enough to encourage me to return to drinking.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
A lot of drivers in general are going "free form" on their driving practices. The number of near misses in both state vehicles & my own is unbeleivable. The other day I almost was in a head on with an asshat in a bro-hauler passing a long line of traffic in a no passing zone. Nobody uses stop signs or red lights. I'm wondering if it's one of the signs to justify motorheadmike's statement
This includes bicycles” spinners?” That if they get hit is “your fault “

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Its NY. Do you really expect anything less ? We have those a-holes out east now. They make driving an adventure. Sad thing it used to be from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Now since Covid theyre all over the place full time. I honestly wish I could leave the island but Im stuck here until Im in a box. LOL

One thing that I used to enjoy... going to Carlisle with my 2500 crewcab 4x4 towing my open car trailer. Driving on the BQE no matter what time is always the same. 2PM or 2AM people still wouldnt let me merge. Then I would jerk the wheel enough to whip the trailer. It was always fun to see people swerve out of the way to let me in.
When I'm towing a trailer and vehicles won't let me over, I ride the line a few times in row and all the sudden I have a wide open spot.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Speaking about the hardtails on bikes, when I had my airboat wife and I were going to lake. I live in a rural area and it is common for people from Tallahassee to bicycle on the country roads. I pulled up on a pack of them and they would not ease over so i could pass them. They looked back at me an laughed. I am a pretty easy going guy and my wife sensed that I was getting really PO'd. She said Greg, greg, don't. P*****g me off just thinking about it

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I was coming home and I was on a four lane road that narrows down to a two lane before a culvert so you must merge into one lane before the culvert. As I was in the main lane, one car ahead of me, an asshat in the lane that ends passed him and cut him off just to get across first. Then another asshat next to me tried that but he must have been wasted because I heard a loud CRUNCH as he slammed into a parked car. I am glad he hit the parked car instead of me but WTF is wrong with people these days??!!??

The more I drive, the more I see stupid stuff, but, I'm also guilty of some traffic violations so I try not to judge too hard. Just a few days ago, I saw a guy in a 300 with his left blinker on, literally going from the left to the right lane on the freeway. Seriously, crossing 4 lanes of traffic multiple times, back and forth, with his blinker on left. I think I saved the video from my dash cam.

Unfortunately, I joined his stupidity after we reached a clearer section of the highway, as I think it's my duty to "race" all Dodge vehicles, especially RT/SRT/392. After blowing by him at some illegal mph, I slowed down, got off the freeway, and went home. I'm not scared to go fast in a straight line, I'm just scared to go in-and-out of traffic. That's when I call the police.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Its NY. Do you really expect anything less ? We have those a-holes out east now. They make driving an adventure. Sad thing it used to be from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Now since Covid theyre all over the place full time. I honestly wish I could leave the island but Im stuck here until Im in a box. LOL

One thing that I used to enjoy... going to Carlisle with my 2500 crewcab 4x4 towing my open car trailer. Driving on the BQE no matter what time is always the same. 2PM or 2AM people still wouldnt let me merge. Then I would jerk the wheel enough to whip the trailer. It was always fun to see people swerve out of the way to let me in.
Sorry guys..... There's no geographical monopoly when it comes to asshats. We have an abundance of them here in the South as well.

It's not uncommon to drive the freeways @ 85mph; faster once you're farther out of the city limit areas. I get it.... What I don't get is the quantity of people that don't understand the concept that just because you can do something @ a certain time & place means you can do it all of the time. I drive w/the traffic flow. If it's fast & I'm doing 1mph under the limit, I'm the obstacle creating fluctuation around me. The volume of people that come barreling up on slower traffic is crazy. I pace myself so I'm not constantly needing to alternate gas, hard brake; gas, hard brake. I get off the highway & it's the more of the same. Idiots changing lanes CONSTANTLY, sometimes almost causing an accident because they get close enough to others that it freaks that driver out. Change lanes. Hit the gas. Hard brake. Change lanes again & again to get ahead only to wind up w/me right beside them @ a subsequent light. My ZEN is when I'm actually ahead of them in the lane I stayed in the entire time...... :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor