It's getting pretty stupid out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Until lane assist fights you in the steering wheel. Garbage.
My Challenger let's me drive in whatever lane I want, dam Dadge😋. I love the adaptive cruise, as soon as I pull into the other lane, the GT floors it. I have seen the lane assist, not impressed, definitely a PIA or an annoyance at best.

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
Lane assist works off the painted lines on the road. No lines no assist. Faded lines no assist.I personally don’t use lane assist. I just don’t like it. I’m not looking forward to driverless cars .

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I don't like that computer assist stuff. It works till it doesn't, and then bad things happen because you were counting on it.

I can't think of a time I've ever used cruise control. As in my entire life. I prefer the greater control over the vehicle and things around me, and, I've noticed I get far far better gas mileage on long trips driving manually than my wife will get, same trip, using the cruise control.

Same route, same target speed for travel. Cruise surges and lags with hills. I can use that terrain better for coasting and building speed to bleed off.

So... yeah. No use for it. Many of those cars and drivers that get used to the car stopping for them if they lack reaction/attention, well, one time it won't and you rear end someone, or, cause yourselves to get rear-ended.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'll tell you what's wrong,and I'm not going to be politically correct! A bunch of friggin retards that's what's wrong and it's only going to get worse!!
This has nothing to do with a political party, and it’s not politics. It has to do with lying being accepted, and unlimited funding of political parties and candidates by private parties.

I see only one way to resolve it - vote against every incumbent.

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Still true as ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1653696811205.png
1653696186144.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I view the problem in very basic terms: too many bodies, not enough soul to fill them all.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I see your outrageous and oddball behaviors and raise you one. This just in ....

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/one-m...-involved-shooting-along-i-5-north-of-redding
‘Anyone with information about the incident should call’ 867-5309 (or whatever)’

WTF is that request?????

I think the witness and the officer have all of the info needed ‘criminal fired a gun at a cop, criminal is now dead’. Sounds like a winner to me with no more information needed.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
‘Anyone with information about the incident should call’ 867-5309 (or whatever)’

WTF is that request?????

I think the witness and the officer have all of the info needed ‘criminal fired a gun at a cop, criminal is now dead’. Sounds like a winner to me with no more information needed.
They had it right 200 years ago. Steal a horse? Hang em high.

Imagine if we hung car thieves summarily after their capture? If it was a matter of right to kill thieves in your home and property and the family of the 'upstanding citizen with so much future ahead of them' couldn't sue you afterwards.

World would be such a better place.

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Think yesterday was a winner? Today was Friday, or may be it ought to be called "Fearday" due to the fearsome amount of grey matter that seemed to be absent. We have circuit rotation back in effect so one week I get the south circuit and the following week, the north. Today was north which gave me a ringside seat for for some serious vehicular stupidity. Example?

We have advanced green lights for left hand turns at certain intersections. So I'm in the through lane, and waiting on the light to change. Our light goes green, the two cars beside me pull out into the intersection and get cut off by a car trying to make the left even though the light for that lane has long since timed out. Fortunately for the two west bound vehicles, they had enough space between them that they could both stop and the second was able to avoid boning the first in the rear bum-per. The first guy got stopped about one thickness of paint short of t-boning the dumb-*ss blowing off the light and trying for the turn. The moron that caused all this? Eyes straight ahead; not a twitch to indicate acknowledgement of stupidity, never mind responsibility. Me?, I have a perfect ringside seat for all this. And totally sick inside because if it goes down then all of us at that intersection are automatic witnesses and we'll all get to sit there so we tell our tale to the cops. Which means having to explain to my boss why she is getting all the hate mail from the various departments who are wondering where their stuff is.

And this wasn't even the main event. Cops had multiple speed traps out and business was brisk. Multiple left turn Louies cutting turns and sleezing their way directly into the curb lane instead of doing a proper post turn lane change. Got an epidemic of that locally.

Even got to watch a red light show down between two mutts, one in a p/u and the other in a mom-mobile who thought they could could engage in a pissing contest by trying to race off the lights. And, oh, yeah, the mom-mobile blew off the truck by a couple of lengths going into the bend. Me, I turned left as I had planned. Was not interested in following to see if they had a rematch.

And a few other no brainers.............

Did manage to get to the salvage yard though and also managed to retrieve my 1/2 drive torque wrench from the test shop; clean bill of health.

So the day was not totally burnt toast.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor