Its that time of year-winter plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Just took my last drive yesterday afternoon and put the storage status on it this morning.
Winter plans are not fun. Find another job, consider new housing depending on income, improve upon or begin saving to replace my mostly-trusty/kinda-rusty '99 Century, and consider getting my wisdom teeth pulled with or without dental insurance since my lowers are stuck at "partially erupted."
But if it were all g-body oriented the plans would be:
-Research what can be done to my small block Buick heads to improve power.
-Continue accumulating parts for a 5 speed swap.
-Save up for a set of 255 BFG Sport Comp-2s for my Speedline S10 Xtreme wheels.
I bought a set of GTA wheels with a used set of 255/50/16's on them.I love the way it looks a couple slight clearance issues to b addressed, but that what i plan on putting back on it. There's just not a lot of options in that size

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Plan to get the frame wrapped up so its done. Work on getting the body to the garage so I can really see how many miles of wire needed for the welder. Go thru all the extra parts to figure what to hoard & what needs a good home.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
Well, right now the Grand Prix is sitting on jack stands in the garage with no steering gear--I just pulled the leaking 605 this afternoon. The new (reman) 800 got dropped off by brown Santa this morning, and I was waiting to compare boxes to make sure the pitman arm doesn't swap over (it does not). So I just ordered a new arm from Summit, and it should be here by Thursday afternoon. Once the steering system is back together, I'll give 'er an oil & filter change and then see about making some hoonage videos to show off the TrueTrac diff.

Other winter plans, you say? Hmm. If I can scrape up a few hundred dollars, I'll buy a new Tanks tank and an in-tank pump. When those get installed, I can also install the FiTech that has been sitting on a shelf for about a year now. (Which is good, because as soon as I am done borrowing this 1406 carb from a co-worker, we have another co-worker who wants to borrow it next.)

But my biggest winter plan is to take the Grand Prix to the Roadkill Zip Tie Drags in Tucson in January 2018. :cool:

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
This winter ill be rebuilding the diesel out of the Cutlass with my gf. Since its her car shes wanting to help. Going to install a new injection pump, have the heads checked out, and install ARP head stud kit so this thing doesn't blow out a head gasket. Maybe injectors and glow plugs, hard to tell. Then start on the 455 so when the frame for my cutlass comes back from powdercoat I can start assembly. Even with the fun stuff I hate the cold

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wanted to drive mine until the salt was flying but with no defrost and working nights it sucks to drive. I have about half a tank of fuel to burn up before it gets parked but that should only equate to 20 miles or so!

I drive my GP as along as I can, I trust my GP more than my winter Jeep and if something does go wrong with the GP it's easy to diagnose and fix unlike the computerized Jeep.

TheLemange

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2017
MEDFORD OREGON
Get the beast running. go to Disneyland for Christmas with the lady. then start with the 350 build, and suspension upgrades. oh and probably drive it all winter. no salt on roads and it might snow once maybe twice.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
After a wheel swap, my wagon will be pressed into winter duty.

As for car projects, I have a complete Total Control Products (TCP) front end to install under my custom 68 Cougar. And I actually need to finish it BEFORE winter since it's parked on the non-heated side of the shop and it needs to get moved into a spot where I can't work on it so I can get three others stuffed in there for winter storage.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Upgrading to a 470 or 482 buick with ta performance heads.

Also putting in a second lift in my garage to make working on projects easier.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hoping to get the Cutlass back home from paint in the next month or so. By then I'll hopefully have a carport set up to protect it. I will try to assemble as much as possible while dealing with the cold, and continue trying to sell old 355 efi parts to fund new LS goodies. I'd like to have the 5.3 with a 4l80 dropped in by spring and work on wiring, and booooost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor