Its that time of year-winter plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hoping to get the Cutlass back home from paint in the next month or so. By then I'll hopefully have a carport set up to protect it. I will try to assemble as much as possible while dealing with the cold, and continue trying to sell old 355 efi parts to fund new LS goodies. I'd like to have the 5.3 with a 4l80 dropped in by spring and work on wiring, and booooost!

if you are selling the pistons what brand are they?....and were they on stock connecting rods or upgraded?

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
I did so much the last 2 winters on my Wagon, this year gonna chill on it a little bit,
Just Going to put new wheels on it, and go back to a smaller front tire, 205/70R15, instead of the 215's i have on it now
and gather up some missing interior pieces i need, that is all..
I have to finish my '48 Merc Coupe Chassis this Winter, that is on my Rotisserie
So next winter i can pull body off Frame of my wagon and give the body some love
IMG_0382.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
My 2 gbodies are garaged currently. Im not sure if ill take my 3rd fun good weather-dd gbody over to my shop in preparation of snow season or cover it outside and wait for it to clear should any snow/salt come.

We only usually have like 2 incidents of snowfall on average that are gone after a day or two. I cant imagine doing major projects in the north without a heated garage! yikes for me those winter projects wouldnt happen.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Take out the MS2 and put in an MS3, add coil packs, change dash, clean up engine bay wiring, add C5 front brakes, and of course turn up the boost :)

Reactions: 2 users

Carlos Garcia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2017
As the title says its about that dreaded time of year. I was going through my list of winter/storage plans and figured it'd be interesting to see what everyone else has waiting for them this winter.

For me its fabbing a 6 or 8 point roll bar, E36 headlights, remake the gauge and shifter panels, add a heat only box for the sole purpose of functioning defrost, move the ignition boxes inside, add a stereo system, get seats redone, and make lower door panels.

Not sure how much will get done with other projects but I have been accumulating parts all summer. Still looking for a heat only HVAC box *wink *wink....

What about you guys?
That's great. I'm looking forward to do my upholstery done. Good luck! My dashboard is f up bit worh some luck i'll have my friends do somenthing on it. Probably some black and silver. Where are you at?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Well, since I've missed another fall show season and an entire year not driving the 442, my first order of business is to get the interior back together before the mice try to move in. Finishing the new rear end, suspension and brake upgrades will have to take a back seat to . . . the back seat . . . dynamat . . . sound system wiring . . . new headliner . . . carpeting . . . front seats . . . lower door panels. Unfortunately, my project has turned into everything I need to get done discovers another problem or two I didn't know about that has to be fixed so the "get done" schedule now just is what it is.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Make my car run again, install a GN rear so i can do better donuts in the snow.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Another thing I almost forgot about is switching it out to manual brakes and putting the rear disk on the car. I have has the new manual brake master cylinder for 2 years and have already done a rear disk mock set up and have had the new Seville calipers and all the other components sitting in a box for 3 years....

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I thought I was on my way to refreshing the engine this winter now that the Monte is in a garage until I found the frame mounts need welded up. Might as well pull the carpet and face reality on the floorpan.....
IMG_2872.JPG
IMG_2873.JPG

• Optimistic

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor