GBOTM Jan '24 Nominations and Announcements!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Are we going to bump this to February? That would allow the G Body of the year to get its reign and be ahead of the month to start on track
Whelp, towards the end of last year I thought about it, and, for some of the seasonal opportunities it felt like rounding out the voting middle of the month made it hard for people to do anything seasonal.

But if voting happens a couple weeks later, we can *hopefully* see some red-white-blue themes, harvest themes, holiday themes mixed in.

Or so the story goes.

I'm trying prize packages in 2024 to see if we improve participation too.

Also open to suggestions from any and all as to how we can boost both entries and voting. There's a lot more site traffic than participation, so feel free to pm/dm/whatever you want to call it to me with ideas, always open to hearing, and, that makes sure I see it.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Lil Dicky Reaction GIF by Music Choice

Reactions: 1 user

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
My resolution is to paint 3 cars this year, GNX clone, 83 H/O Warren Johnson clone and 84 Hurst Olds Warren Johnson clone.
Just installed a 7.5hp 80gal compressor and bought all the tools, drier etc.
The GNX is first, welding in suspension tonight.
Stay tuned...
20240106_225635.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
haven't seen ck in a few, hope everything is ok. not entirely sure what else to do except carry on with Feb real soon now. Stay tuned.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
haven't seen ck in a few, hope everything is ok. not entirely sure what else to do except carry on with Feb real soon now. Stay tuned.
My apologies... It's been a tough month, healthwise. If anything goes truly sideways the wife knows the site, and my account, so, she will let you all know and pass along the prize materials I've been accumulating for monthly winners.

For those with an interest, or, just so y'all understand where the absence came from, here's a mini-update (and a chance to not bottle this in for me to remind myself, mentally...) Although day-to-day life is a little tougher now, the doctors think the cancer is responding, and, the heart is now labelled as 'functional' despite its changes. The chemo toxicity and skin changes are also being treated, and, theres now 5 doctors on the case for this whole mess.

They say they believe we can get a handle on it all, we will see.

So my resolution? Survive 2024, and, find a way to get my first gbody back onto the road!

Reactions: 10 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
My apologies... It's been a tough month, healthwise. If anything goes truly sideways the wife knows the site, and my account, so, she will let you all know and pass along the prize materials I've been accumulating for monthly winners.

For those with an interest, or, just so y'all understand where the absence came from, here's a mini-update (and a chance to not bottle this in for me to remind myself, mentally...) Although day-to-day life is a little tougher now, the doctors think the cancer is responding, and, the heart is now labelled as 'functional' despite its changes. The chemo toxicity and skin changes are also being treated, and, theres now 5 doctors on the case for this whole mess.

So my resolution? Survive 2024, and, find a way to get my first gbody back onto the road!

Our thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family. Thank you for the mini update. We hope NOT to hear from your wife.

Reactions: 10 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Our thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family. Thank you for the mini update. We hope NOT to hear from your wife.
Thank you.

Honestly the reality of all this STILL hasn't sunk in for me - I can say what's happening, but, it doesn't seem real and feels like I'm talking about someone else. Even with the appointments and how I wind up feeling day to day.

This was supposed to be a battle 30 years from now, if ever, not now.

Just goes to show, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
As mentioned above, we are all praying for your wife AND you. I have been fairly healthy, so far, but my wife is a cancer survivor, as well as having multiple serious surgeries. The things that the medical folks can do these days is truly amazing. Hang in there, better days are ahead.

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor