GBOTM Jan '24 Nominations and Announcements!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
First the announcements:

Now that '23 has wrapped up, its time to implement the next batch of changes to GBOTM. Although production of some of the items is still an in-progress status, which may delay initial.shipments, I'm happy to announce that starting with January's winner I will be mailing out a small prize package to the winning owner! (Once the items are received here of course.) The items are a mix of things I've been able to purchase and other where time, materials, or both were being donated be fellow forum members! This will be in addition to the membership upgrades GP403 has generously been providing. So, being a GBOTM keeps getting better and better!

Unfortunately, being self-funded, I can only cover U.S. and Canadian shipping, if you live elsewhere we can get it to an agent located in those ares for you, but, it's on you for the final leg of the journey.

Being a new year, everyone is once again eligible should they so choose to enter! Same rules apply, you must currently own the car, and, going forward a win is counted against the car, not the owner..if you own two cars, one can win in one month, the other in another, BUT, you cannot enter more than once in the same month.

Finally, when voting consider at least these 3 criteria, every month going forward: entry appearance; quality of the photo (background, staging, etc), quality of any written caption (not for grammar/spelling but how well it fits the theme.)

That brings me to January's contest.... this one will be unusual in that anyone is going to be eligible, IF you follow the rules - were doing RESOLUTIONS! yes, give us a DETAILED resolution. Don't just write 'I'm gonna drive it' tell us 'I'm gonna autocross it 12 weekly events' or 'I'm gonna try for a 13 sec timeslip'... even 'I'm gonna powertour' works. But the GOAL of this is to have more than a January winner..... come year end we're resurrecting this thread to see how everyone made out, consider it a site team building exercise,

So, a nice, clear, preferably recently taken picture with a caption telling us about that disk brake swap you want to do, or console/bucket swap, or that 13 year project that is finally getting on the road, whatever your g-body resolution is this year, SHARE IT!!!!

Probably going to cap this *around* 15 entries give or take a few. This may fill up FAST given everyone is eligible aside from us admin/moderator types!

Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Take the first entries for the voting poll, but leave the thread open for a bit. It would still be cool to come back to the thread at the end of the year to see, even if there are submissions that didn't make it to the voting thread.

Reactions: 1 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I have an idea since at 59y.o., I need to get back to badass body status (restarting my original program from 1997, 69hurstolds may remember in the Gmail list days). So, while I will not do a "before" pic, I will do something that speaks to it. I'll get the car out tomorrow and stage it...

I also have to get some work done on the car with which 69hurstolds helped me immensely. My time over the last 4 months has been split among many family, work and other projects things.

More to come!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Take the first entries for the voting poll, but leave the thread open for a bit. It would still be cool to come back to the thread at the end of the year to see, even if there are submissions that didn't make it to the voting thread.
I like the idea. Plan was/is to resurrect it around year end for updates from people, but I figure maybe we can leave it open sometime mid to late January for people to lock in their resolutions even if they miss out on the entry

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
My resolution is to hopefully have a more reliable car so that I can drag 2 of my buddies out more since they both only put a few hundred miles if that on their car this year. I told them next season I am dragging them out even if they are kicking and screaming
20231220_184215.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My resolution is to get this projects interior together, drivetrain installed, and body in primer by next winter. I didnt need a 2nd full restoration project and didnt want to convert it to an ss. My wife says its my midlife crisis to show i can still do it
20231124_203400.jpg

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's been a while for me. I actually gave it a cheapola paint job last summer. Doing that I discovered a lot of water leaks. My resolution is to find and fix those darn leaks. It is so bad I have to keep it covered until I do. [there's a great theme- cheapola paint jobs!]. Another resolution is taking some better pictures! EDIT: a better picture! Now the leaks.... IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0743.JPG

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
For those that do have the projects and have a goal, get it done.

I overhauled mine in Sept 2019, besides the solid body mounts and coil spring change, it's been just get in and drive. I'll take that any day. :)

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
My resolution is to get it on the road. At a minimum get it road worthy. If I get that far I would love to get it out to some events. Would love to finish up a lot of some small things after that before the end of the year.

IMG_20231217_194708990.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor