Joke of the day

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
"ROR"? "Rough On Rats"?? That was the term we used to use for a brand of Whiskey, distilled by Gooderhams and called Rich and Rare. Lying on its die and in profile, the bottle actually sort of resembled one of those battleships from Star Wars.

As for that balloon, this might be a good time to test fire one of those laser weapons that the US swears don't exist and that have never been mounted and launched as part of the cargo of a "communications" satellite. That would be one form of communication that delivered the message quite clearly and unambiguously.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nope. was never offered the opportunity to "voluntarily" visit various regions over in S.E Asia. As for encountering and/or dealing with the issues they have with English, not so much as here we have mostly third and fourth generation descendants and they speak better, more fluent Canadian English than I do. I saw that even with the immigrants that came to Canada and to Lake Superior in the fifties. The parents might have had issues with learning and speaking english but they made certain that their children were not only fluent in the language but could also speak and write in the language of their homeland.

I do get the R-O-R reference; Over here it would be L-O-L or "laughing out loud". Just taking advantage of the opportunity to ponder the possibility of how someone from somewhere else might know about a brand of Canadian Whisky that has been obsolete for 30? years?

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
ROR... Raff Out Roud!

On the subject of the balloon fron china... there is this public fear that along with assuming it has monitoring equipment, there might be a chemical container inside as well, so if shot down, it could release something even worse here in the US, as if covid19 wasnt bad enough.