BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Hey guys, I haven't been very active here lately so call this a proof of life post. Unfortunately not a lot of progress on the Buick. The coronavirus "pandemic" hasn't hurt me or anyone I even know but it fugged over my wallet pretty good. So on account of that projects have been pretty much at standstill since mid-March. I've been staying busy with some low buck side projects, fixed up some chainsaws, redid the shed, worked on the gardens, but nothing with the cars.

But with things normalizing and getting back to work, I decided it's a good time to start working on the Regal again. I pulled the cover off this morningz, swept out the garage bay, organized a bit and blew the cobwebs out, and picked up where I left off.
20200614_114710.jpg

20200614_114720.jpg

Last thing I was working on was patch panels for the floor and the firewall. So I took the firewall patch panel I got and drilled the spot welds, separated it into the individual pieces of metal. I got it trimmed to a general shape and I cut out a section of the rust in the firewall. The patch needs to be made smaller and i need to cut more out of the firewall, but it's a start and more than I thought I'd do today.
20200614_111910.jpg

20200614_111813.jpg
20200614_095824.jpg

20200614_111816.jpg

20200614_111830.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys, I haven't been very active here lately so call this a proof of life post. Unfortunately not a lot of progress on the Buick. The coronavirus "pandemic" hasn't hurt me or anyone I even know but it fugged over my wallet pretty good. So on account of that projects have been pretty much at standstill since mid-March. I've been staying busy with some low buck side projects, fixed up some chainsaws, redid the shed, worked on the gardens, but nothing with the cars.

But with things normalizing and getting back to work, I decided it's a good time to start working on the Regal again. I pulled the cover off this morningz, swept out the garage bay, organized a bit and blew the cobwebs out, and picked up where I left off.
View attachment 148988
View attachment 148991
Last thing I was working on was patch panels for the floor and the firewall. So I took the firewall patch panel I got and drilled the spot welds, separated it into the individual pieces of metal. I got it trimmed to a general shape and I cut out a section of the rust in the firewall. The patch needs to be made smaller and i need to cut more out of the firewall, but it's a start and more than I thought I'd do today.
View attachment 148983
View attachment 148984 View attachment 148986
View attachment 148990
View attachment 148987

Glad to see you back at it Joe!

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
Nov 4, 2012
Glad to see you back at it Joe!

Thanks Donovan, I'm glad I at least did something with it today. The weather is really getting nice so its nice to be able to open up the garage doors and get some light and some air while I'm working on it.

I was hoping to be further along by this point in the year but as mentioned the biggest coronavirus casualty I've personally seen has been my wallet; I've had time, it just hasn't been financially feasible the last few months. I've been feeling guilty about not working on it.

I hate to set deadlines on projects, but I would really like to get the welding and paint done on the tub before it starts getting cold, that way I don't have to try to heat the garage to paint and I can paint with the doors open so the fumes don't build up so much. I don't mind bolting parts on when its cold, so if rhe paint stuff is done, I can work through the winter without worrying.

Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012
Priced out a bottle of mig gas today, was pretty reasonable. Hoping to pick one up sometime later this week.

Spent most of the day cutting, splitting and stacking firewood. Worked until I couldn't anymore, shoulda stopped and called it a day. Instead I decided to go pick up a Snapper riding mower that I took on as a side job, needs the steering fixed and a few other things. Got it home and after I unloaded it I burned my leg on the muffler pretty bad. So I took a couple Tylenol and I've got some burn cream on it now, I'm hoping it doesn't slow me down too much.
20200615_142430.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ouch is right. Hope you're getting hazard pay on that side job.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor