kid keeps talking smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
ok so this kid i know talks smack about my 84 SS saying since it's not a v6 all it does is guzzles gas. he has a 2000 Nissan maxima 3.0L I wanna shut him up but I don't wanna race him and lose...my car is stock but it has an edelbrock carb 600cfm, no computer, and 3:73 posi. Would I be able to take him on? his car is stock too

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Its sad to say, but if your Monte SS is stock, he will more than likely beat you in a race :|

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
RITTER said:
I believe the only engine options for a 2000 Maxima would be a 2.5L 4cyl or a 3.5L V6

Its sad to say, but if he has the 3.5L V6 engine and your Monte SS is stock, he will more than likely beat you in a race :|
they started the 3.5 in 2002 they never came with a 4cyl lol but damn its really pissing me off and i just wanna beat him with what i have i mean minor upgrades would help

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
ok so this kid i know talks smack about my 84 SS saying since it's not a v6 all it does is guzzles gas. he has a 2000 Nissan maxima 3.0L I wanna shut him up but I don't wanna race him and lose...my car is stock but it has an edelbrock carb 600cfm, no computer, and 3:73 posi. Would I be able to take him on? his car is stock too

I dunno dude, as much as I wanna say that you'd destroy him because I hate those ricer punks more than the next guy, I just don't know. Well you have an SS so that means 305 HO meaning about 190hp and like what, 245ft lb? The crapxima makes about 220hp with like 215ft lb, so it'd definitely be close. Your 3.73 gears and posi are a plus, and your cars probably weigh around the same. I say its gonna depend on the driver mostly, so I hope you can get off the line quick. I'd just go for it, and if you lose, punch the kid in the face for disrespecting your ride :twisted: lmfao jk jk. Good luck bro! And shut that punk *ss ricers mouth up!!

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
dream on mcss said:

I dunno dude, as much as I wanna say that you'd destroy him because I hate those ricer punks more than the next guy, I just don't know. Well you have an SS so that means 305 HO meaning about 190hp and like what, 245ft lb? The crapxima makes about 220hp with like 215ft lb, so it'd definitely be close. Your 3.73 gears and posi are a plus, and your cars probably weigh around the same. I say its gonna depend on the driver mostly, so I hope you can get off the line quick. I'd just go for it, and if you lose, punch the kid in the face for disrespecting your ride :twisted: lmfao jk jk. Good luck bro! And shut that punk *ss ricers mouth up!!
hahhahah i almost knocked him out the other day for other ish he said but i mean i can launch it at 2,000 rpms and hook idk though lol

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
RITTER said:
I believe the only engine options for a 2000 Maxima would be a 2.5L 4cyl or a 3.5L V6

Its sad to say, but if he has the 3.5L V6 engine and your Monte SS is stock, he will more than likely beat you in a race :|
they started the 3.5 in 2002 they never came with a 4cyl lol but damn its really pissing me off and i just wanna beat him with what i have i mean minor upgrades would help
I edited, my bad :mrgreen:

Newer technology V6's get it pretty good. It sucks but true :x

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
RITTER said:
RITTER said:

I edited, my bad :mrgreen:

Newer technology V6's get it pretty good. It sucks but true :x
hahah its all good but yea that sucks =/ i still dont know why my engine stops creating power at 4,000rpm though :blam:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
you will, without a doubt, lose. And he is kind of right, I wouldnt say it "guzzles" gas, but it definently gets crappy gas milage.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
dream on mcss said:

hahhahah i almost knocked him out the other day for other ish he said but i mean i can launch it at 2,000 rpms and hook idk though lol

Lol nice dude, I hate it sooooo much when people talk sh*t. Like I'm surprised I've never gotten myself in a fight in school because people just piss me off waaaayy too much sometimes but I try to keep my cool in school, but I bet if people pissed me off like that outside of school I'd probably be doin some major asskickin' lmao. Well anyways, like I said as long as you can get a good jump off the line then you might have a chance. His car is fwd so its not like he can just punch it without spinning the tires cause of all the front end lift. If your back tires are bad then swap em' with the fronts for more traction, can't win a race very easily with bald tires lol. Shift manually and try to keep it within your powerband (190hp at 4800, 240ft lb at 3200) and try not to punch it right off the line. Now go out and kick some *ss!!

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
no you won't win I wouldn't try it..it has better running times then the SS (stock) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor