L31 into an '86 Regal Limited V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
'96-'97 pumps are a direct replacement for the TBI pump, I replaced the pump in my '92 (originally 4.3 v6).

If you are going carbed, you can simply run any regular SBC G-Body headers.

The hump on the crossmember does go on the passenger side, you'll find this out when you get the crossmember under the car and try to bolt it up.

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
Ok, I had the engine and trans all bolted in
ran the trans lines to the radiator then the aftermarket trans cooler
got the radiator hoses on good
then the fuel lines from the frame to the intake......

Then I got headers from Summit...and I can't get em to where I can put em on.

Now I gotta unbolt the engine & trans and lift 'em back up with the hoist to get the headers on or even see if they'll fit.

I'm really hoping that the collectors don't hit the firewall/floorpan.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
Doober said:
'96-'97 pumps are a direct replacement for the TBI pump, I replaced the pump in my '92 (originally 4.3 v6).

If you are going carbed, you can simply run any regular SBC G-Body headers.

The hump on the crossmember does go on the passenger side, you'll find this out when you get the crossmember under the car and try to bolt it up.

Uhm, I don't know how being "a direct replacement for the TBI pump" is relevant.

I just need to know if it'll fit in my gbody tank so I can just drop it in & don't have to run an inline fuel pump.

I'm not going carbed, to me the whole appeal of this swap is the fuel injection.

Ya, I figured out the trans crossmember hump. I had to cut the center plate a little.

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
ypu7e5a8.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna connect the bulkhead into the firewall on the Regal.

I was thinking that the only wires that need to go through the firewall are windshield wipers, cruise control, a/c (which I think is on the passenger side of the engine bay), and gauge wires.

Am I right? Or am I missing something?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356336938094.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356336938094.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,093

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
Your going to have to get a wiring diagram and figure out what wires you will not be using. The bulkhead connector will never fit a gbody. Youll have to get a small fuse block from your local electronics store so that you can splice the power supply for the ecm,injectors to a power source. Keep your power to these components fused separately as some will require constant 12v and others will be Ignition power. The proper wiring diagram will pinpoint any and all the wires and the power source(IGN. or 12vCONS) needed. You can head out to the library they should have all the diagrams for this engines electrical components, track down the wires and mark them down with masking tape and a marker. Ill get back to you soon with some info youll really need.

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
RUDE DOG said:
Your going to have to get a wiring diagram and figure out what wires you will not be using. The bulkhead connector will never fit a gbody. Youll have to get a small fuse block from your local electronics store so that you can splice the power supply for the ecm,injectors to a power source. Keep your power to these components fused separately as some will require constant 12v and others will be Ignition power. The proper wiring diagram will pinpoint any and all the wires and the power source(IGN. or 12vCONS) needed. You can head out to the library they should have all the diagrams for this engines electrical components, track down the wires and mark them down with masking tape and a marker. Ill get back to you soon with some info youll really need.
Thanks

Looking forward to it

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
Been trying to look for my notes but cant find them. I dont go to work tomarrow and will look in the garage and get back to you.

RUDE DOG

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
Do you still have the original engine fuse block on the harness. I cant find my notes but can still help you on the wires that need the power but prefer to talk on phone if you want to pm me your phone number and the time its most convenient to call you.

ATL Regal

Apprentice
Aug 20, 2009
Atlanta
RUDE DOG said:
Do you still have the original engine fuse block on the harness. I cant find my notes but can still help you on the wires that need the power but prefer to talk on phone if you want to pm me your phone number and the time its most convenient to call you.
Yes, I still have the complete harness, fuse block and all.

Check pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor