Late model seats in a G body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had a pair of the 10 way adjustable leather seats from a '93 Bonneville SSEi here. I tried to fit one into my '84 Monte SS. The Bonneville seat was too wide to fit into the amount of space between the console and the door, with the door closed. It looked cool, but it wouldn't fit. I ended going with seats from a '96-'98 Pontiac Grand Am GT. They fit the G body seat tracks perfectly, and they look good. The driver's seat has a manual lumbar adjustment. I have an '80 Malibu, and I have early 2000s Sunfire seats in it, and they're pretty comfy too, and they bolt right in. As others have said, there are many different seats that will work in these cars.

Reactions: 1 user

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
How did the Bonneville seats fit ,also where you able to use the back seat? I had just looked at some the other day and was wondering if they would fit.
Bolted G Body bucket frames to the bottom. Will need some tweaking,but will install with little issue. Installing in a Elky,btw.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I just picked these seats up at the englishtown swap meet in the spring for $5 (pretty good deal if you ask me), but I have no idea what they're out of. They're the typical G-Body shape and the same upholstery style, and the mounting holes almost lined up perfectly, but the fabric is a weird sort of cross-weave thing. You can see it pretty well in the second photo. Anyone know what they're out of?
View attachment 73398
View attachment 73397
Just looking at them, I would guess that they came out of a 1st gen S-10 or blazer.

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 users

cmdelaire

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 31, 2017
Has any one here either tried, or successfully installed a seat from a late model car into a G body? There aren't a lot of parts cars to get original G body buckets from here in Frenchy ville (Quebec), and I don't think I have the budget for a set of quality aftermarket seats. I asked how much it is for seats at a wrecker and was told that it's $50 a seat from any vehicle, so I'm thinking of going that route. Has any one attempted this?
I used early 1990 era Buick seats, power both sides simple bolt in

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Out of a 2002/3 firebird... 20171021_181944.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
It was a dodge stratus or Chrysler cirrus.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor